UBB.Dev
Posted By: Idle [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/20/2002 2:31 AM
Title: Avatar Dropdown List

Description: Adds a dropdown list beneath the regular "Select Avatar" link.
Modifies the public edit profile and registrations forms to include before mentioned dropdown list.

Author: Idle
Email: [email protected]
Date: June, 20th. 2002
Version: 1.1.4

Requirements: 6.3.0 or newer.
Compatability: 6.3.0 or newer.
Tested On: 6.3.0.1

Download: Text Instructions
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/20/2002 6:02 AM
You're doing a good job with all your new hacks lately smile

I think that the $vars_config{NonCGIURL} thing shouldn't be anywhere, I don't think it includes it in the UBB.
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/20/2002 6:39 AM
Thanks, I try. smile

I didn't try it without using the NonCGIURL var, but it made sense to me, so I decided to throw it in in the first attempt.

We'll see what happens, I'm not done yet! laugh

Edit: LK, I remember now that I didn't get it to work without using the NonCGIURL var (it is included by UBB, in ultimatebb.cgi, along with the other vars in vars_config. wink ).
It wouldn't link correctly to the images without that var.
Hey, Good job .

I just installed it and it works perfectly... thumbs up.. !
Thanks again Idle! wink I have my avatars based on historical counterparts and its nice to be able to display the name of the avatar (in the dropdown) so players can also choose one to reflect a particular country or role.
Posted By: Hank Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/20/2002 5:10 PM
Yup, works well. Good one Idle.
One question, how does one install it so that it works with the Registration Pages too?

Tar muchly.
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 12:39 AM
That's a good question, never came to my mind...

Anyways, I've updated the text file with instructions on how to modify public_register_form.pl as well. smile
Idle, the dropdown works fine on the Edit Profile page, but not on the registration page (regular templates); all I get is an empty dropdown box on the registration page. Where is it failing to count?
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 5:54 AM
Oops!
Forgot to include two required steps. :rolleyes:

Updated instructions, this should function properly now. smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 7:53 AM
Code
[/code]. check this out in ubb_profile.cgi:
Code
</pre></div></div>It means, that if it doesn't include noncgiurl, it checks if it's really on the server.<br>ubb_lib_posting.cgi:[code]
it means that if it doesn't include noncgiurl, it adds it for you, AND checks if it exists. However, it doesn't add Avatars/.
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 7:58 AM
That's right.

Well, I take your word for it and give it another try. wink
Then again, I could've been thinking of something else when I got the URLs wrong (double, like http://www.blah.com/ubb/avatars/somepic.jpghttp://www.blah.com etc...).

Alright, enough yapping, I'll get back to it immediately (can't sleep, too hot). laugh
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 8:19 AM
Doesn't work (the URL becomes something like: http://www.yourserver.com/cgi-bin/Avatars/avatarname.jpg).

Updated instructions once again (forgot even more steps for modifying ubb_registration.cgi, and fixed the HTML code for public_registration_form.pl (JCTemplates) so the listbox is on a seperate line).
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 8:23 AM
The URL where, in edit profile or posts?

Also, suggestion:[code][/code]Before $avatarname, add u. Then for example "hello" will be "Hello", "avatar number 1" will be "Avatar number 1".
Nice hack Idle. I will install soon. smile
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 10:41 AM
LK: In edit profile and registration pages.
Didn't check the posts. :rolleyes:

Mmm, I'll add the capitalize stuff...
need to fix some things in there anyway. wink

Lord Dexter: I don't consider it anything "special", but hey! If that's what people like, I don't see anything wrong with it either. laugh
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 10:44 AM
Oh tipsy

So remove that NonCGIURL, and use the following in public_edit_profile.pl:
[code][/code][edit: forgot to add / after NonCGIURL}...]
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 1:00 PM
Nice, thanks!
I'll update the instructions in a minute. smile
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 1:33 PM
Alright!

Some code cleanups 'n fixes in this version.

If the member has previously chosen an avatar and edits his profile, his/her current avatar will be selected in the list.

Thanks to LK for the Javascript cleanup (gets rid of bunch of extra text!).

If you're "upgrading" from previous releases of this mod, all you should need to do is replace the function in ubb_lib_misc.cgi with the updated one in the instructions, and the first step in ubb_profile.cgi.

Oh, not to mention replace the Javascript snippet in the templates (public_register_form.pl and public_edit_profile.pl).
Thanks guys, it works now!

Although, for my board I had to change a line in ubb_lib_misc.cgi:

Code
[/code]...needed to have "$vars_config{NonCGIURL}/" added before "Avatar/$avataritem":

[code]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 5:22 PM
Ahem, that's what we were exactly REMOVING, you know!! tipsy

Idle, you forgot to add the $vars_config{NonCGIURL} thing to regular templates, you only added to JCTemplates.
Posted By: Idle Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 06/21/2002 9:29 PM
Doh!

I'm addicted to JCTemplates, making me forget the regular ones... :rolleyes:

I'll fix it after dinner. wink
I was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem...
when i'm in "my profile" I click on "select a diferant Avatar" and it comes to the Avatar display window... my problem is when I click next on the bottom right hand corner...
it comes to "page not displayed" I can not view the rest of my Avatars...
Is there anyone that could help me out with this problem?
Version 6.3

Thanking you in advance!
BUZN_WILDLY
what version ubb are you installing this on? got a link?
we can't even consider assisting you until you fix the copyright on your software tipsy
quote:
I was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem...
when i'm in "my profile" I click on "select a diferant Avatar" and it comes to the Avatar display window... my problem is when I click next on the bottom right hand corner...
it comes to "page not displayed" I can not view the rest of my Avatars...
Is there anyone that could help me out with this problem?
Version 6.3

Thanking you in advance!
BUZN_WILDLY

quote:
[qb] we can't even consider assisting you until you fix the copyright on your software [/qb]
Really sorry about that!
I've been screwing around with the BBS so much,
I totally forgot I took it off.
It's back on.. and thank you for reminding me.
I agree about copyrights! thumbsup

my BBS

BUZN_WILDLY laugh
mm hmmm.. tipsy

do you have a test acct I can check to see what happens?
Posted By: Felix 10 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Avatar Dropdown List v1.1.4 - 07/03/2003 11:29 PM
the Avatars are not showing in the box. the path shows cgi-bin/Avatars, it should be ubb/Avatars.

where do I change the cgi to non-cgi?

Thank you
Felix
Got it, forget it, I had to add
"$vars_config{NonCGIURL
to these two lines
quote:
$Avatars .= qq();
someone should update the hack

smile
© UBB.Developers