UBB.Dev
Here it is folks, the newest implementation of the annoying QuickReply hack with QuickQuote™ technology! In this version i've wordletized some things, and fixed QuickQuote™. smile

This version works for 6.3.0 - 6.3.1 as tested, though there may be bugs.

This hack requires modification wordlets now

quote:

Its adds a little box after each post for quick and easy replying.
Works with 6.3.

Download

Thanks LK for his work on 3.0.

Logs:

1.0: Initial Testing
1.1: Fixed some HTML (Alpha Init)
1.2: Fixed some more HTML (Beta Init, RC1 Init)
1.3: Fixed more HTML (RC2 Init)
1.4: Public Release (RC2 used)
1.5: Fixed Doc Errors
1.6: Updated Doc to work with JCTemplates
1.7: Fixed some HTML
1.8: Fixed a bug with variables sending incorrect information
1.9: Added support for ALT+S thanks to Bookie and xpert!
2.0: Cookie Support to NOT show the box (hopefully)
3.0: Adds some other options, fixes a bug, adds profile option. This has been tested but not much. Report bugs/probs here and give me time to fix issues.
3.1: Fixed a bug. Redo topic_page.
3.2: Bugs Fixed, Carrot Cakes eaten.
3.3: Bugs
3.4: Bugs
3.5: QuickReply w/Quote
3.6: Fixed QuickReply w/Quote (Do topic_page, the bottom)
3.7: More Wordletization
Upgrading requires topic_page main code replacement only.
4.0: Wordlets, Fixed QuickQuote

You can use the image next to the quote button on UBBDev made by bookie. Download and upload to your noncgi directory. Thanks, Bookie!

NOTE: If you can't find [34] or [35], replace with [35] and [34] respecively.
Download
Great work LK and Greg, With all these new features I'll upgrade from my very old version. tipsy
Text file updated with a fix to QuickQuote.
File updated, new wordlets and html fixes.
Is there a MH file for this? I have sooo many hacks to implement after the upgrade... frown
Posted By: p74vic Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 07/31/2002 12:22 PM
Other than that, TIGHT HACK! smile
Posted By: Hank Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/01/2002 12:38 AM
After installing, (but not doing the quickquote bit cuz it only allows one picture to be used)
it brings up this error when a member trys to Register.

An error has occured:

CGIPath/ubb_registration.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_registration.cgi line 739, near "$quickreply;"
If someone confirms that I'll look into it.
Nice hack you guys. Very nice. I will install this one latter tonight. smile
Posted By: Hank Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/01/2002 4:39 PM
freak.scene's board has the same error as me when trying to register. I found out when i tried to register there!
http://www.freakscene.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agree
Alright i'll look into it.
Odd, I just installed it on a fresh 6.3.1 with no issues...

Click here .
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/02/2002 3:23 PM
Code
#Find:

$avline, #38
);

# Add below:

$thismemarray[61] = $quickreply;
Are you sure you put it BELOW and not ABOVE?
In the new_topic (not reply) .pl file you missed out $email_notify in the options, probably because you did the reply file code first and it doesn't appear there.

I simply added
$email_notify in front and it worked.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/05/2002 2:48 PM
I'm very confused @ mark tipsy

This hack is for replying, not new topics tipsy Well, unless Greg added it to forum page?
No, i didn't. wink
Posted By: mark99 Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/06/2002 11:37 AM
Sorry, got confused between CompactReply and QuickReply =).
I received that same error. I fixed it by placing the "$quote_body" after "$report_icon, $linkname," instead of "$Avatar."

Now, is there an imagefor the quick reply w/ quote that's compatible with black backgrounds?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/06/2002 6:45 PM
Not instead of $Avatar, but in addition to $Avatar tipsy
Well, I meant placing it after $report_icon, instead of after $Avatar. wink
How's about a drop-down listing of the post icons on either the right or left? Would add less than 1k to the download, probably less than 300bytes smile Would also keep the forums from being a blanket of icon01.gif's smile
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/08/2002 8:12 PM
I thought about that, but then I thought that most users won't know what the numbers mean anyway tipsy Then I'll have to add a preview image, then they will check every icon till they get to the deserved one, and it will take much bandwidth tipsy

I could add names instead, but it's tough to choose names, believe me tipsy
Adding a choice few wouldn't hoit. wink
Sure, if it's done similar to the smilie mod, 5-6 of the basic ones would keep the bandwidth to almost nothing. Use something like
smile
frown
laugh
shocked
wink

In there with the corresponding post icons that fit. yabb does something similar on their posting pages. Even 2-3 choices would be welcome smile
link is no worky frown
Will fix soon.
I get this message after I implimented this feature
You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

I rebuilt stats cleared cache all that stuff... Did I overlook something?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/14/2002 12:35 AM
Hmm, when did you get that error? tipsy
Just now, everything works fine, just when I use the quick reply box, I get that message. Im using JCtemplates :::shrugs:::
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/14/2002 12:40 AM
Hmm, URL? tipsy
Dyanmic IP's suck laugh

http://66.136.177.74/KSFBA/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Never mind I figured it out on my own. Had to figure out where to put $quick_reply with jctemplates
Would it be possible to add a link to the smilie legend that "DPK's SmilieMod" installs below "HTML is not enabled." and "UBB Code is enabled."? If so could anyone explain to me how to go about doing this..? I tried and got an error with ubb_lib_posting.cgi when i'd edited public_topic_page.pl, so I won't be trying it again, I'll leave it to the professionals.. smile
Works great thanks.

smile

But I get this when I click the profile page:

CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 952, near "||"
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 977, near "} else"
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/19/2002 10:18 AM
Can you post lines 945-980?
my $pntf_hidden = ($in{pntf_hidden} =~ m/^(0|1)$/ ? $in{pntf_hidden} : 0 );
my $quickreply = ($in{quickreply} =~ m/^(0|1)$/ ? $in{quickreply} : 1 );
chomp($user_profile[35]);

# set new cookie, if necessary
if (($user_profile[35] != $pntf_hidden) || ($lc_email ne $lc_old_email) || ($new_password ne $user_profile[1]) || ($public_name ne $old_public_name) || ($avhide != $oldavhide) || ($quickreply ne $user_profile[61])) {

|| ($lc_email ne $lc_old_email)
|| ($new_password ne $user_profile[1])
|| ($public_name ne $old_public_name)
|| ($avhide != $oldavhide)) {
my $cookie2;
if (($lc_email ne $lc_old_email) && ( $vars_registration{EmailVerify} eq "ON" )) {
$cookie2 = cookie(
-name => "ubber$vars_config{Cookie_Number}",
-value => "",
-path => '/'
);
} else {
$cookie2 = cookie(
-name => "ubber$vars_config{Cookie_Number}",
-value => [$user_profile[0], $new_password, $public_name, $in{DaysPrune}, $in{u}, $pntf_hidden, $avhide, "", "", "", $quickreply],
-path => '/',
-expires => '+2y'
);
}
print header(
-cookie => [$cookie2],
-charset => "$masterCharset",
-type => "text/html",
);

} else {

#print qq%Content-type: text/htmlnn%;
*bump, and thoughts?
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 08/21/2002 4:40 PM
Find:
code:
Code
if (($user_profile[35] != $pntf_hidden) || ($lc_email ne $lc_old_email) || ($new_password ne $user_profile[1]) || ($public_name ne $old_public_name) || ($avhide != $oldavhide) || ($quickreply ne $user_profile[61])) {

Replace with:
code:
[qb]
Code
if (($user_profile[35] != $pntf_hidden)
|| ($quickreply ne $user_profile[61])
[/qb]
thanks Ill try it tonight smile

I tried it and it worked thanks

Big thanks

Now to find out why stats arent functioning. Ill double check the code editing first though.
up to 4.1 I see wink

I have an mhp ready when this goes final smile
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
Would it be possible to add a link to the smilie legend that "DPK's SmilieMod" installs below "HTML is not enabled." and "UBB Code is enabled."? If so could anyone explain to me how to go about doing this..? I tried and got an error with ubb_lib_posting.cgi when i'd edited public_topic_page.pl, so I won't be trying it again, I'll leave it to the professionals.. smile

Bump smile
I don't know that one yet OK...

Multihack file with latest changes posted here:

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=22&t=000050
Thanks, going to try this one!
sheesh Allen,

I wish I had known you were going to do a multi-hack file. I had created my own, what a frigging pain!!!!!!

Thank you for making one, as yours, no doubt will be correctly documente, whereas mine is not. smile

This will make installing this hack a breeze.
Thanks AA. smile
There is a small bug in it :

When you have a forum where just admins and mods are allowed to post, the preview function is not working correctly when you reply and you are just a normal member.

Try here yourself if you want :

http://www.forumdeluxx.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=8
Please fix the link smile

http://www.coders-net.com/beta/quickreply.txt seems to be dead
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/05/2002 6:37 PM
works here confused
mirror: www.lkworld.com/quickreply.txt
Alright!

Just installed the MOD on my test board.

For its main purpose (QuickReply DOH!) it works perfectly so far.

Having read things about the registration I decided to test that.

When registering everything was fine -
There was a radio box option to turn on or turn off the QuickReply feature -

However, after registering, when it shows the recap of what I have selected and filled out -

Under "Your Preferences"

There is no mention of the QuickReply feature

Not sure if I have put code in wrong, this was intentionally left out, or simply an oversight, but it should be there since it was a preference that we had the ability to select upon registration.

Hmmm, just did some more testing in the profile area -

When viewing the profile it shows the option to "Show QuickReply Box?"

However it defaults to "Yes" even after having checked "No".

(NOTE: when checking no it does in fact not show the box - so it is set and working correctly it is just that when viewing the profile that it defaults to yes when it should be showing no if that is what had been selected.)

Both of the things I have noticed are very minor in relation to the usability of the MOD but should be "fixed" (I quote "fixed" because I am not sure I made errors installing the code from the text file or if these are actual "bugs" in the code.)

Great MOD though! And really great that users are given the option to have the quickreply feature turned off or on.
Ok, now I am convinced I have erred in at least one area of the install.

I noticed here on UBBDev that if "No" is selected it stays selected when coming back into the "MyProfile" and on my test board I turned the feature off (for one of my test registrations) and now cannot get it to come back on.

Going to try to find what I did wrong frown
Hmmm... a little more information for you

I decided to log off of one name and log on the other.

On a registered name (on test board) that was registered before this MOD was installed I can turn on and turn off the QuickReply Box with no problems.

On the name I registered after installing the MOD, if I turn it off and then turn it back on, the QuickReply box does not show up. However, if I log that name off and then log back on, it will be there.

I cannot remember if when I registered that name if I selected yes or no - so I'm going to go try both ways with two new registration names and see what happens.

I'll report the results soon!
Alright I have done much testing....

I think it would be easier for you (whoever wants to see what I have done) to go to my test board and follow along (Forum #2 - thread is obvious) my posts to see the steps I took.

New "bug" (or bad install by me) detected:
When registering - I selected "No" and yet the box still showed.

my test board is:

http://iambornagainru.org/cgi-bin/babtest/ultimatebb.cgi

I only have one other MOD installed (Stats)
Hmmmm....

(Note this is CaCoffin - registered with a new name here to see if the same problems exist here - so I can tell where the problem is - me or the code)

Most of the errors I have mentioned must be with my install since only one error I mentioned occurs here. (Unless whoever did the install here fixed those errors on their install wink )

The only error (two actually) that happen here are:

1) Upon registration I selected NO but the QuickReply Box still appeared.

2) Upon registration the Preferences review does not show the QuickReply option

Otherwise everything else works as it should here.

Sooooo now I have to figure out what I did wrong on the install (at least I know to look in the profile files).
LOL

and a YeeeHaaawww

I found MY error!

I managed to drop off the semi-colon when adding the line for storing myprofile:

Code
$user_profile[61] = $quickreply;
I managed to not copy the semi-colon the first time around - added that and ALL the problems (but those two above) are gone.

The two problems I mentioned above as MrTester are here and on my test board so they are definitely errors in the MOD.

But without saying, this MOD rocks (when installed properly wink ), and thank you!

Oh by the way - ADMIN for UBBDev please feel free to delete MrTester, thank you.

Oh and if they do the two errors that are real errors are:

1) Upon registration when "No" is selected the QuickReply option is turned on anyways.

2) Upon registration the Preferences review does not show the QuickReply option.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/08/2002 7:41 PM
open public_register_form.pl.
find:
code:
Code
print &GenerateLineHTML("REQ", "Show Quick Reply Box?", "", "quickreply", "radio", { yes => $vars_wordlets{yes_option}, no => $vars_wordlets{no_option} }, [qw(yes no)], "yes");

replace with:
code:
[qb]
Code
print &GenerateLineHTML("REQ", "Show Quick Reply Box?", "", "quickreply", "radio", { 1 => $vars_wordlets{yes_option}, 0 => $vars_wordlets{no_option} }, [qw(1 0)], 1);
[/qb]
It's untested, but hmm, should work.. tipsy
Consider it tested and working....

Now how about showing the option as selected upon registration review?
Though it might be obvious for most of you perhaps adding the words "CLEAR YOUR CACHE" at the end of the instructions might save a few of us knucklheads some time (and banging our heads on tables).

LOL

Great MOD - works great from the go - easy enough to install too ....
C'mon, make a multihack file smile I'm lazy wink
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/11/2002 9:23 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but Allen has already made a MHK file wink
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
Sorry to disappoint you, but Allen has already made a MHK file wink
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by AllenAyres:

[/qb]

Woops, srry tipsy Tnx anyway!
How do I add Spell Check to the Quick Reply Box?
can anyone send me quick reply for ubb 6.2.1 please? or tell me where to download from
The link from the 6.2 forum doesn't work
OK... I'll ask again.

How can we add Spell Check for Quck Reply? Please help.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/20/2002 8:20 AM
I think I said it many times in the previous threads. What I do is use:
Code
	my $spellcheck_button = (
$vars_modifications{spellcheck_enable} ne "no"
? qq( <input type="button" name="spellcheck" value="$vars_wordlets_mods{spell_check}" onclick="window.open(\'$vars_config{CGIURL}/ubb_spell.cgi?f=$in{f};ubb=www.spellcheck.net%2Fcgi-bin%2Fspell.exe%3Faction%3Dcheckpg%26string%3D\'+escape(document.replier.message.value), \'message\', \'toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,status=no,width=$vars_modifications{spellcheck_width},height=$vars_modifications{spellcheck_height}\');" />)
: ""
);
Right after my $preview_button = ( .... )

Then add $spellcheck_button right after $preview_button in the document.write line.
It´s necessary to make Ultimatebb.cgi modified??? I got error doing that on 6.3.1.1 and I replaced with the other and everything is nice!
Got this error on clicking in "My profile"
[QUOTE]
CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 955, near ")
||"
syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_profile.cgi line 977, near "} else"

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you! [QUOTE]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/22/2002 7:41 AM
Can you post ubb_profile.cgi line 950 - 985?
I´ve got the error and correct sorry for troubles

And sorry for my english
LK,

I should've done a search prior to asking. I found the original thread. Thank you again. You've been very helpful as always.

forever grateful,

-j
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 09/23/2002 10:30 AM
can anyone email this to [email protected] the link doesn't work lol..
Can some one format the code to work with Blam Templates. When this is installed it blows the tables. Let's face it the template ROCKS! But if I can't have the template there will be many that will have to choose one or the other and thats such a waist..
Site with code is down...=( Can anyone post a link to it that works............ I just updated my forum...and members arent happy that quick reply isnt there any more...and i dont have the old version still so i can add it....

if you could send via AOL IM, would be good too...either is appreciated... IM name = tabigtoad

or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6.3/quickreply.txt

here you go smile
quote:
Originally posted by DOD-THE KAHN:
Can some one format the code to work with Blam Templates. When this is installed it blows the tables. Let's face it the template ROCKS! But if I can't have the template there will be many that will have to choose one or the other and thats such a waist..
I'll look at it, should be simple smile
Thanks Allen...much appreciated =)
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 10/24/2002 1:41 AM
Before I may go into it, has somebody merged the quickreply with the email-on-reply hack?
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 10/25/2002 12:37 AM
Maybe somebody else could test this as well. All I did to get quickreply with Emailonreply (4.0) to work was:

public_topic_page.pl:

Look for:
code:
Code
sub topic_bottom {

@this_forum = &GetForumRecord($in{f});

my ($is_html, $is_ubb) = (&CheckCoding($this_forum[4], $this_forum[5], $this_forum[10]))[3,2];

Add below:
code:
[qb]
Code
my ($email_notify, $email_checked);
if (($vars_email{UseEmail} eq 'ON') && ($username ne '')) {
if (($stat_line[1] =~ /$user_number/) &#0124;&#0124; (($stat_line[1] =~ /N/i) && ($in{reply_num} eq '000000'))) {
$email_checked = 'CHECKED';
} else {
$email_checked = '';
}
$email_notify = qq(<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="email_notification" VALUE="yes" $email_checked> $vars_wordlets{email_notify}
);
}
[/qb]
Look for:
code:
Code
if('0'!=user_array[10]) {
document.write('<form name="replier" method="post" action="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi">

and put
code:
[qb]
Code
$email_notify
[/qb]
where you would like it to be displayed.

Seems to work for me...
anyone have this hack, the download is not working??

NEVERMIND about the link i got it @ https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/6.3/quickreply.txt

KWIK, did that work for you.. the email reply hack, cuz i want that to be there too!! and what about adding signatures too???
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 11/06/2002 6:36 PM
It seems, that it does not work correctly. Some threads save the data wrong. Sometimes (not allways) there is a "," missing when saving the member-numbers which should be informed on a reply.
I've got a problem with QuickReply box,

I installed it but even that I open topic pages, I see that the box doesn't show up and for more the browser says that This page is done but with errors.
I checked and it seems it's because a javascript error, I looked into the code that I hacked, but everything was copy pasted correctly, but still I rehacked the old files and uploaded them, the same problem. I don't get it... So I uploaded back the old files, until I get an answer of what can be the problem.

P.S. I did the hack with quick reply with quote and without it. And I still had the problem. It's not of my browser, because another admin of the board told me he saw that error and quickreply box not displaying.
Posted By: EftheM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 11/11/2002 11:32 AM
hey guys,

this should be a simple question..

So far so good quick reply is working great, but maybe anybody here knows how to change the space between the bar and the box where you can type in your message? I think it is something in the public_topic_page.pl.. but dunno what smile

here is an image of what I mean!

[Linked Image]

as you can see the space here on UBBdev is much bigger smile

THNX in advance
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 11/13/2002 3:29 AM
@EftheM - well, one pixel difference is not that much, isnt it ;)your got 5, ubbdev has 6...
Which can be changed by modifying the code. wink
It's the long document.write code that you need to change. You need to decode the code, add a bunch of spaces, change the code then make it one line again.
Posted By: Kwik Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 11/13/2002 4:05 AM
@Saxeus - it really sounds like a mistake in hacking. Maybe a wrong line-feed or you did something above instead of below. Also another hack which was installed before could cause this.
quote:
Originally posted by Saxeus:
I've got a problem with QuickReply box,

I installed it but even that I open topic pages, I see that the box doesn't show up and for more the browser says that This page is done but with errors.
I checked and it seems it's because a javascript error, I looked into the code that I hacked, but everything was copy pasted correctly, but still I rehacked the old files and uploaded them, the same problem. I don't get it... So I uploaded back the old files, until I get an answer of what can be the problem.

P.S. I did the hack with quick reply with quote and without it. And I still had the problem. It's not of my browser, because another admin of the board told me he saw that error and quickreply box not displaying.
Make sure wordwraping is off and that everything was copied properly. I have this version running without issues.
Posted By: EftheM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] QuickReply™ 4.0 [URL FIXED] - 11/14/2002 12:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Hard:
You need to decode the code, add a bunch of spaces, change the code then make it one line again.
hehehe decode code? confused I'm not that good tipsy

I think you mean this line:

document.write('
$TBB_js');

how do I ??

thnx dude
hi and first off thanks for this hack... I love it.. Have a question though.... do you think it is possible to change the background in the text area of the quick reply to something other than white or even a picture? if so can someone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance
I installed everything twice, careful...I still get the same error:
Code
 CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_lib_posting.cgi line 788, near "$linkname)" 
Can anybody tell me what I shoud do?

Thanks in advance
Felix
Thank you for continuously updating these threads. I installed the hack, had an error and found my error!

You guys are awesome! I hope someday to learn enough in order to contrinute a decent hack!
I've successfully (after lots of cleanup :-)), gotten this running, but the preview button doesn't seem to work. Looking at the HTML code, the stuff is there, but the button does nothing.

Any ideas what I've managed to screw up?
In reply to the above, I found my problem. I had mis-applied some of the public_topic_page.pl changes. I started from my backup, and re-did it, and this started working now, as well as fixing some other breakage I had introduced.

Thanks.
Works great! My pharmers love it! 2x the pharming! smile

http://www.garagelan.com
would this hack work on 6.2 ?? i could not find a 6.2 link for this hack!
i cant get this hack to work. Everytime i try, I get a hack attempt error, or corrupt member file or whatever that error is called ??
the only reason you'd get that error is if you have more member fields than listed in ubb_lib_files.cgi.

FTP into your server, go to the members folder, download 00000001.cgi (number doesn't really matter)

Open it in a text editor, and see how many lines there are (should be minimum 40, most likely less than 70)

Take that number, add 3 for safe keeping (cause some fields can overflow to the next line).

If that is less than 62, do this...

Code
# Open ubb_lib_files

# Find 2 times:

my $maxmemfields = 39; #total fields permitted in member file

# Replace with 2 times:

my $maxmemfields = 62; #total fields permitted in member file w/quickreply
If it's more than 62, put that number in place for the 62 in the step I showed you
i got it to work, thanx! laugh
I have a problem now! Noone can register!

CGIPath/ubb_registration.cgi: syntax error at CGIPath/ubb_registration.cgi line 704, near "$quickreply;"

This is whats at that line!

$thismemarray[61] = $quickreply;
sorry my bad, i fixed it. I messed up the code from the beginning!
I have the older version of quickreply and only hate one thing about it, no graemlin panel. Is the graemlin panel included with this release ?
quickquote didnt work for me, what did i do wrong
version 4.0 ubb 6.3.1.1
I'm wondering how I would go about making the box not show up for certain members based on a field in their profile, provided the forum they're viewing requires registration. I'm guessing a simple if statement would do the trick...but where should it go and what all should it encompass?
$vars_wordlets_mods{QuickReply}
$vars_wordlets_mods{QRMessage}

$is_html
$is_ubb

$vars_wordlets_mods{ShowSig}
$vars_wordlets_mods{QRSmilies}

$preview_button