UBB.Dev
This makes your little New Reply and New Topic a little shorter (With all the same stuff of course.. wink )

Download: Here

Screenshots: New Topic
New Reply

Please post feedback, comments, suggestions, and conflicts.
Greets smile

Halo
Nice work.
Thanks, considering this is my first successful hack wink
Very good work Halo now i expect you to install it on ecf. wink
Yep, all done: After I installed it I noticed that long smiley stretched out a table. So, if you add smileys, make sure they arent too big or your new reply/topic will get a little stretched smile

Greets.
Halo
I like the idea, I needed tons more space for the smilies though.

Click here for a screenie.

There are 4 or 5 more rows of smilies that extend beyond the bottom of that pic. That's one of the reasons I use the quick reply so modem users can avoid them.
TheX, mind showing us how you did that? lol
How he made the smilies like that? Easy, he just removed the UBB Code Buttons from that table and edited the row code in public_common.pl.
how would I make the font size of the options"show signature, close thread and disable smilies" small again?
What do you mean? Could you show me an example?
screen

before, the options were at size 1 by default. now they're at 2.
In the reply form change
code:
Code
<td>
<textarea name="message" rows="12" cols="50" wrap="virtual" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$insert_reply_to</textarea>$show_sig$disable_smilies$close_option

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="$vars_wordlets{submit_new_reply}" onclick="ClosePreviewWindow()" />
$preview_button
</td></tr>

to
code:
[qb]
Code
<td>
<textarea name="message" rows="12" cols="50" wrap="virtual" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$insert_reply_to</textarea><font size="1" face="$vars_style{FontFace}">
$show_sig$disable_smilies$close_option</font>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="$vars_wordlets{submit_new_reply}" onclick="ClosePreviewWindow()" />
$preview_button
</td></tr>
[/qb]
And in new topic change
code:
Code
<textarea name="message" rows="12" cols="50" wrap="virtual" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$insert_reply_to</textarea>$show_sig$disable_smilies$close_option

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="$vars_wordlets{submit_new_topic}" onclick="ClosePreviewWindow()" />
$preview_button
</td></tr>

to
code:
[qb]
Code
<textarea name="message" rows="12" cols="50" wrap="virtual" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$insert_reply_to</textarea><font size="1" face="$vars_style{FontFace}">
$show_sig$disable_smilies$close_option</font>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="$vars_wordlets{submit_new_topic}" onclick="ClosePreviewWindow()" />
$preview_button
</td></tr>
[/qb]
Hope that helped smile
heheh, i'm so stupid tipsy

thank you smile
Np..It was my fault though shocked

I should update the hack...Tomorrow after I get some sleep! G'Night all wink
In the new_topic (not reply) .pl file you missed out $email_notify in the options, probably because you did the reply file code first and it doesn't appear there.

I simply added
$email_notify in front and it worked.
I'm having a problem with this hack,
I can't even find the first thing to find,
I mean yes I found it but it doesn't match what you have to find. frown I'm running 6.3.1

Code
 <tr bgcolor="$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}">
<td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" >
<font size="$vars_style{TextSize}" face="$vars_style{FontFace}"><b>$vars_wordlets{message_field}:</b>

<font size="1" color="$vars_style{VisitedLinkColor}">
$is_html

<a href="$ULTIMATEBB?ubb=ubb_code_page" target="_blank">
$is_ubb</a>

$ubb_images_wording</font></font>
</td>
<td>
<textarea name="message" rows="12" cols="50" wrap="virtual" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);">$insert_reply_to</textarea>

$preview_button
</td></tr>

$TBB

$TBT

<tr bgcolor="$vars_style{TableColorStrip}">
<td valign="top" width="25%">
<font face="$vars_style{FontFace}" size="$vars_style{TextSize}" color="$vars_style{TableStripTextColor}"><b>
$vars_wordlets{instant_graemlins}
</b></font></td>
<td valign="top" width="75%">
<font face="$vars_style{FontFace}" size="$vars_style{TextSize}" color="$vars_style{TableStripTextColor}"><b>
$vars_wordlets{instant_ubbcode}
</b></font></td>
</tr>

<td valign="top" align="left" width="25%">
$smilie_list
</td>
<td valign="top" align="left" width="75%">
<font face="$vars_style{FontFace}" size="1">
$ubb_code_buttons
</font>
</td>
</tr>

$TBB

$TBT

<tr bgcolor="$vars_style{TableColorStrip}">
<td>
<font size="$vars_style{TextSize}" face="$vars_style{FontFace}" color="$vars_style{TableStripTextColor}">
<b>$vars_wordlets{options_header}</b>
</font>
</td></tr>

<td valign="top">
<font size="1" face="$vars_style{FontFace}">
$show_sig

$disable_smilies

$close_option
</font>
</td></tr>
Nice work Halobreak. I like the compact look as well. Unfortunately it's a template edit I've been doing since a year ago (UBB6.05). I didn't think anyone did it the same way. LOL, ahh well.

Click here
Phantastic work!!!

Thanks a lot laugh

bobbel

@PrimeTime : Very cool design !!! wink
-------------------------

public_edit_post.pl has to be hacked, too, IMHO (but its very easy to do with your template)
Can the instructions be updated to be used with 6.3.1.1 please..?

The Smilies and UBB Code have now become
$instant_ubbcode_block
Which is controlled in public_common.pl
© UBB.Developers