UBB.Dev
Posted By: eXtremeTim [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/10/2002 11:00 PM
Yes this hack is back.

I ported it uptoday and made it phpaccel compatible.

#############################
Name : Ban User From Forum
Version : 2.0
UBB : 6.3.x
Phpaccel: Yes
Author : eXtreme Tim
Released: 08-10-2002
Download: Get it here
#############################

I have done heavy testing on this hack but im sure i missed something.
This hack bans the user based on there member#.

It bans them in the forum from doing the following.
Veiw the forum
post or reply in the forum
make or vote in polls
veiw topic
Posted By: Halobreak Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/10/2002 11:06 PM
Nice =)
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/10/2002 11:07 PM
nice... thanks. smile

lemme see.... who to test it on? hmmmmm... tipsy
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/10/2002 11:12 PM
Please redownload if you have already downloaded. Forgot 2 steps in the install.
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/10/2002 11:17 PM
I also fixed a part were i was using e instead of FileExists
*Puts hand up*

I'm a likely target AA! laugh

Nice work Tim.
has anybody installed this yet.
I think Allen has, here.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/11/2002 9:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
I think Allen has, here.
There is no reason to install it here, so it's not installed. tipsy

This mod actually works only if the board is closed for guests, and registration is moderated. Actually, I can't really think of a use for this hack - if you don't want a specific user to be in a forum, he's probably doing bad things, which means that you can just ban him. And the "Reverse" feature - just make the forum private and let those users access it from edit profile.
This hack is good for mods to do on spammers and then report it to admins for banning.

This hack also allows you to just stop annoying people from being in a forum. (people that are dumb and post stuff not even related to what the forums about)

Yes they can log out and veiw the posts but they still won't be able to post if you don't allow guests to post. It also works great if you allow users to only register with one name per email addy or use registration aproval.
Posted By: RandyM Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/11/2002 7:31 PM
I would agree except that I hacked moderators out of the CP.
If you guys find any bugs let me know.
Posted By: Da Wacko Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 08/26/2002 11:04 AM
Well...The Download is down..could someone please re-upload it..?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 10/06/2002 12:04 AM
Only error I see is the link is down frown
Posted By: eXtremeTim Re: [6.3.x] [beta] Ban User From Forum v2.0 - 10/21/2002 10:17 PM
I will try to get the link back up soon when i start my site back up.
© UBB.Developers