UBB.Dev
Name: Image Indicator Icon

Description: Icon to indicate threads with images

Link: Text File

Demo: none

Author: joking-down

Requirement: UBBâ„¢ 6.2 - 6.3
Warning: Using this hack will cause problems if you ever move from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 or higher.
How can I fix this problem? I think it's $Aline[11], isn't it?
I forgott the modifications in ubb_forum.cgi in the file.

please download the textfile again...
so if i have 6.2.1.1 this hack will cause big problems???
Yeah, as the instructions are for 6.2.0. The poll data is kept on the A-line (in the next index), and versions after 6.6 will likely add at least two or three new fields...

It would probably be better if the hack were modfiied to keep the image flag in an external file like the 6.5+ sticky list.... or if the hack were redesigned for 6.5+, if it was kept in the closed/moved/sticky field (A-line index... 2?)...
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
if the hack were redesigned for 6.5+, if it was kept in the closed/moved/sticky field (A-line index... 2?)...
I think that's the best idea, in any case your [11] thing only has one letter ("I") tipsy
Thanks CC. I fixed it.
Now I use $Aline[1] and Field[1] in forum_thread_data.
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2.x, 6.3.x] [beta] Image Indicator Icon 1.02 - 04/07/2003 10:47 AM
There's one problem: you can't do it for older versions frown For example take a look at public_forum_page.pl:[code][/code]So if you add "I" it will be "XI" instead of "X", and the if expression will return false...
I would change every
Code
[/code]to
[code]
Posted By: LK Re: [6.2.x, 6.3.x] [beta] Image Indicator Icon 1.02 - 04/07/2003 11:14 AM
First off you can't put =~ /X/ in JavaScript, it's Perl code, and also maybe there are other places..
At the moment I don't know how to solve this problem. I ckeck it this evening...
keep me posted, i've been looking for this hack for over a year now!! you guys are awesome!!
i just tested it out on my 6.2.1.1 forum and all of my reply buttons went missing and the top row of the forum page was blank, AND the "my profile | register | search | faq | forum home" links where gone as well. did i do something wrong or is this the bug right now??
LK, I checked the code in ubb_forum.cgi where $closed is set and found this code:

UBB 6.2.0:
Code
[/code]UBB 6.1.0.3:
Code
</pre></div></div>I think field [1] can contain additionally letters without affecting the foldericons.<br> <br><br>@jweltydotcom<br>If you've changed the JavaScript-Code<br>[code]
please undo this change...
You're right, sorry tipsy
quote:
Originally posted by jweltydotcom:
i just tested it out on my 6.2.1.1 forum and all of my reply buttons went missing and the top row of the forum page was blank, AND the "my profile | register | search | faq | forum home" links where gone as well. did i do something wrong or is this the bug right now??
I tested the modification in a unhacked UBB 6.2.0 and could not find this error.
Only 2 templatefiles are modified. The file public_forum_page.pl and cp_vars_style_core.pl...

Still does someone have these problems after implementing the modification?
ok i got it working, turns out i messed up the vars_wordlet file and nothing was showing up because of that.

so you can add 6.2.1 to your list of tested and works list!!
cool... cool cool
I added your Board as location for a demo. laugh
Additionally I added the version 6.2.1 to the list of the tested versions.
nice laugh

would this hack cause my forums to slow down at all?? it now seems like they are moving very slow compared to pre-hack.
The IE needs longer to display the side because the page contain more tables.
A benchmark resulted in the following CPU times on my computer (2P3 550 MHz; Win2k; Apache/2.0.40 (Win32)):

without the hack:
  • 0 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr + 0.14 sys = 0.20 CPU)
  • 0 wallclock secs ( 0.05 usr + 0.17 sys = 0.22 CPU)

with the hack:
  • 0 wallclock secs ( 0.08 usr + 0.16 sys = 0.24 CPU)
  • 0 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr + 0.14 sys = 0.20 CPU)
ok, must just be my sorry server then!! i really need to upgrade to a dedicated server, anyone had problems transferring their board to a new server???
Just found a bug in the hack.

On any post with an image in it now when you reply the transistion page will double up templates and post normal transition page plus scrolling down will have the same thing again BUT with this error in the text:

"No member profile found for member number: '00005071I' "

throughout the site now this happens and i think it has something to do with the "I", notice in the error, '00005071I'. what do you guys think is causing this>??
bump
uh. I checked the modification code and found no error. Have you checked the code and is everything correct?
yes, i am pretty sure everything is correct. in addition i do not get email notification when i make a post that has an image.
uh... i think there is something wrong but I'm not sure what. :rolleyes:

there can't be a notification email. the script end with an error before the mail is send... mad

Does someone have an idea what the error could be?
you may want to remove my site as a demo since i removed the hack until the bug is fixed!
any update on the fix for this hack!?!?
any update>??
can you send me the modified files? I'll check them...
I made a few slight changes to "public_forum_page.pl" and it works like a champ on my very heavily modified 6.3.1.2 board. The changes were only necessary due to the mods that I have installed.

Visit http://www.gun-talk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=5;DaysPrune=30 to see it in action!
© UBB.Developers