UBB.Dev
Posted By: *Cartman* PHP registration code - 04/19/2003 10:16 PM
Hi,
I downloaded "php login code"...but it would be nice if someone can create a registration code, so administrators can handle both registration from the forum, and from the web site. I think this is a "MUST" for a portal... help
Posted By: *Cartman* Re: PHP registration code - 04/21/2003 10:09 PM
Someone here?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: PHP registration code - 04/21/2003 10:53 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the login verification code checks the user profile to ensure that the password is correct... the login code, therefore, is already doing membership integration. It's just a matter of extending it a bit....
Posted By: *Cartman* Re: PHP registration code - 04/22/2003 10:21 AM
Yes, but if i don't wrong, when creating a new user, the forum check if another username has the same login, right? and then creates a files in the members directory with all the user stuff, following the UBB "standard"...and asking all the required fields...
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: PHP registration code - 04/22/2003 8:19 PM
Yeah, so the UBB is the registration system. The app just has to be designed around it.

Or do I not understand your question...?
Posted By: *Cartman* Re: PHP registration code - 04/26/2003 7:26 PM
yes..but in the login script there is no check if there is another username with the same login and all the fields required...
Posted By: Ron M Re: PHP registration code - 04/30/2003 1:30 AM
The PHP Login script is designed only to authenticate users, and allow them the opportunity to login from outside the UBB. You can also use that combined with the isset function in order to verify the logged in status.

I utilize the UBB's built in registration functions rather than reinventing the wheel. Personally, I feel that it would be a waste of time and coding to recode the entire registration part in PHP.
Posted By: *Cartman* Re: PHP registration code - 04/30/2003 10:13 AM
well, I was suggesting this as I think it should be used in a portal system...
© UBB.Developers