UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo [7.1] Moving the "Accept Board Rules" button - 03/08/2007 11:41 AM
Well, there was a request at UBBCentral to migrate the "Accept Board Rules" button, so here we be!

This quick modification will move the "I agree" tick box from just under the board rules, to just above the submit button on the registration page which should make it more visible to the user who is signing up (I mean comeon, it's on top of the submit button!).

Open: scripts/newuser.inc.php
Remove:
Code
<br />
<br />
<input type="checkbox" class="form-checkbox" name="agree" value="yes" /> {$ubbt_lang['I_AGREE']}

Open: templates/default/newuser_signup.tpl
Find:
Code
<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="alt-1" align="middle">
<input type="submit" name="buttsubmit" value="{$lang.BUTT_SUBMIT}" class="form-button" />
</td></tr>

Replace With:
Code
<td colspan="2" class="alt-1" align="center">
<input type="checkbox" class="form-checkbox" name="agree" value="yes" /> {$lang.I_AGREE}<br/>
<input type="submit" name="buttsubmit" value="{$lang.BUTT_SUBMIT}" class="form-button" />
</td></tr>
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.1] Moving the "Accept Board Rules" button - 03/08/2007 11:53 AM
You can see this in action here.

Also, I'd suggest changing the I_AGREE wordlet from "I agree" to something like "I agree to be bound by this sites rules" or "I agree to the rules above"; you know, since the tick is no where near your board rules wink.
© UBB.Developers