UBB.Dev
Posted By: sirdude [7.1.1-7.2] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/22/2007 10:25 PM
Needed a quick/dirty solution and i DO mean quick to being able to import over a 1000 paypal receipts for a board sign-up and add the user to the 'paid group', if the email in the csv matched.

This parses the standard output from a paypal history csv save and does just that.

It can be configured to be viewed by Admin only or even just one admin.

Also can be configured for which group the paypal-er gets added to.

End result: saves time, if you have a buncha signups and user error, due to boredom. It handles users already in the group too, so you don't have to really chop off the csv at a specific transaction date to start importing new stuff.

It has a mode, where you can see what the importer WOULD do, if it was turned loose. this can help to assure you that it won't kill your board in some nefarious way laugh

No language files are used. It's quick/dirty, but works.

Possible other applications are as simple as you dreaming up a csv to use and what for.

Enjoy

note: this was created as a stop-gap, in lieu of a real paypal handler. firing up the paypal sandbox would have taken too long. real solution should be true integration with paypal's webscr interface.

ps: i included a fake .csv that i modified the emails etc etc, so you can use. keep in mind that the emails are sooo screwed up, it won't match a thing. you can tweak a couple of them to known good emails, to see what it does though. wink

Description: El Zippo
Attached File
2422-sd.Paypal.from.Csv.zip  (56 downloads)

Description: Hrm a caption..
Attached File
2423-Readme.txt  (54 downloads)
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.1.1] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/23/2007 2:20 AM
Sounds like a useful tool; especially with the upcoming payment options in the ubb...
Yes, it does, thank you sirdude smile
Posted By: sirdude Re: [7.1.1] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/24/2007 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Sounds like a useful tool; especially with the upcoming payment options in the ubb...

This is only a stop-gap, for those who can't wait for the real deal. So it was written as quick and dirty. Hehe, i actually need to wash off after writing it laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.1.1] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/25/2007 2:30 AM
now i feel all dirty and tainted...
Posted By: sirdude Re: [7.1.1] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/25/2007 6:48 AM
lol giz, i'll pass you the soap when i'm done... holey moley !

i'm a 'Power User' now...

smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: [7.1.1] - Csv import from Paypal history - 06/25/2007 7:42 AM
I think I need some of that Greese be gone after that one...
© UBB.Developers