UBB.Dev
Posted By: Gizmo [7.x] UBB.Accessability (Font Sizer) - 07/13/2007 5:32 AM
Author: Gizmo (James of VNC Web Design)

Requirements: UBB 7.x

About:
I had several suggestions of a way to allow users to resize fonts on a page without having to use thier browser's "view" settings; so I got an idea this morning while accessing a local government's site to utilize javascript to do just this...

A user will be presented with a dropdown menu (much like the Active Topics" menu) which allows them to select weather they'd like to increase the font size, decrease it, or return it to the normal size.

The downside however is that this has to be reset on every new page (I'm no good with cookies); so it can be used on a page by page basis at will.

Demo: As I don't have the need for it, I don't have a demo available, however I have included some example shots attached to this posting below.

Install Instructions:
See accessibility.txt within the attached zip file.

Usage Instructions:
The "dw_sizersettings.js" file contains some defaults if you'd like to change them, by default it will allow increased sizes by 2px, with a minimum of 8px and a maximum of 32px.

Be sure to set your "default font size" in this file as well, it will assume that it's 14px.

Credits:
The javascript files within where written by "www.dyn-web.com".

Description: UBB.Accessability Archive
Attached File
2434-fontresizer.zip  (55 downloads)

Description: Text Size Dropdown
Attached picture 2435-non.gif

Description: The opened dropdown.
Attached picture 2436-on.gif
Posted By: gliderdad Re: [7.x] UBB.Accessability (Font Sizer) - 07/13/2007 5:35 AM
Nice, thanks Giz
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [7.x] UBB.Accessability (Font Sizer) - 07/18/2007 4:51 PM
Cool, thank you thumbsup
Posted By: Flyin V Re: [7.x] UBB.Accessability (Font Sizer) - 08/03/2007 3:35 AM
This is really cool!
© UBB.Developers