UBB.Dev
Posted By: sirdude [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 07/23/2007 6:41 PM
Easy mod, but i'll post it here anyway. If you don't want your sub-forums listed at the top of a main forum listing, just modify the /templates/default/postlist.tpl file as follows:

Find:

Code

{* SUBFORUM LISTING *}

That is the beginning of the area to cut out.

Select all text from that line down to:

Code

{* END SUBFORUM LISTING *}

Cut it out and paste below this line:

Code

{if $modlist}{$lang.USER_MOD}: {$modlist}{/if}

This will display your sub-forums below the moderator list for the main forum and just above the 'Display Options'

If you also want your gallery forums to do likewise, do the same thing to the file /templates/default/gallerylist.tpl (ty Rose)

Hope it helps wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 07/23/2007 10:54 PM
Nice, would be helpful for subforums that are archives, etc smile
Posted By: Rose Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 07/24/2007 2:47 AM
SD, if the gallery forum has subforums, your mod has to be applied to gallery.tpl ... smile
Posted By: sirdude Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 07/24/2007 5:14 AM
ty Rose (again) ! wink

actually gallerylist.tpl

updated original post
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 07/28/2007 12:58 PM
Many thanks sirdude.

This would be nice if it was an option for each forum (ideally as stock).
Posted By: Mark_S Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 08/01/2007 12:35 PM
Cheers SD
Will give this a go wink
Posted By: Its Me Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 11/13/2007 10:30 PM
Hi. I just applied this mod to my board exactly as it is described below. My sub-forums totally disappeared from view inside the "Parent Forum", but are still visible from the forums list and on the "Hop To" drop-down menus.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?? Here's a LINK. The subforums are supposed to be shown in the Oceania Zone.

Thanks!
John
Originally Posted by sirdude
Easy mod, but i'll post it here anyway. If you don't want your sub-forums listed at the top of a main forum listing, just modify the /templates/default/postlist.tpl file as follows:

Find:

Code

{* SUBFORUM LISTING *}

That is the beginning of the area to cut out.

Select all text from that line down to:

Code

{* END SUBFORUM LISTING *}

Cut it out and paste below this line:

Code

{if $modlist}{$lang.USER_MOD}: {$modlist}{/if}
This will display your sub-forums below the moderator list for the main forum and just above the 'Display Options'
Posted By: Ian_W Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 11/14/2007 1:57 PM
I went to have a look at which version of threads you were using, but there does not appear to be a link in the footer - this is required under your licence - unless you have permission from the authors to remove it.

Incidentally this works fine, as all you are doing is moving {* END SUBFORUM LISTING *} further down the page - make sure that you have put it in the correct place and that there is no other mod or changes reming it out.
Posted By: Its Me Re: [7.2] - Sub-forums listed at the bottom - 11/14/2007 10:49 PM

Hey thanks! I was cutting the text from between {* SUBFORUM LISTING *} and {* END SUBFORUM LISTING *} instead of including them in the cut and paste process. I've redone the mod and everything works as desired now.

Regarding the ubb link that should be in my footer. The person who originally helped setup my board pulled that link out saying that it wasn't necessary. He is no longer in the picture, but I will be more than happy to put the UBB link back ASAP. If someone can post the code and placement that I need I'll get to it pronto!

By the way - the tips and support offered on the UBB and UBBDev sites is priceless. Thanks to all who contribute...

John
© UBB.Developers