UBB.Dev
Posted By: XbLaDe Security Question! - 05/25/2001 5:26 PM
I am fairly new to both ubb and hacking so I figured I would come to people that know!

I have ubb6.04e and installed who's online hack! Everything seems to work great!

I noticed a new member browsing in the Admin & Mods forum...which is private. I checked all the settings and no one except Admin and mods have access rights.

Question: Could this be a security problem with ubb, or with Who's Online hack?
Is it possible that a member could click on the forum and be refused entry, but Who's Online report the click as someone browsing the forum?

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 6:22 PM
yes; anyone who tries to access the private forum via the main page or a link in the who's online page will show up as being in that forum even though they aren't. there's nothing to worry about, it's just a small, non-threatening glitch.
Posted By: qasic Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 6:56 PM
In other words, that's the designed behaviour. Don't worry, Who's Online hack doesn't prevent the UBB from stopping it smile It may be possible to stop this errorenous glitch. I'll look into it.

qasic
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 7:08 PM
thanks q, had a few raised eye brows around here ourselves in the last couple of weeks...:D
Posted By: XbLaDe Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 9:10 PM
Thanks guys! Had me a little worried there for awhile LOL! laugh
This is a great hack....I hope they get that little glitch fixed, but even if they don't, I can live with it now! laugh
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 11:09 PM
quote:
remembering back to 3 days ago... that was not funny!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 11:13 PM
I was also referring to our "I see what you are doing" thread...:D
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Security Question! - 05/25/2001 11:23 PM
allen, shhhh! if we tell them about this stuff, we're gonna have to kill them! that was a good thread, though... laugh
© UBB.Developers