UBB.Dev
Posted By: CreepingDeath Fed up with "Who's Online" hack for 6.04e - 05/27/2001 10:42 PM
Can someone please go to:
http://www.creeping-death.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

and tell me why my who's online feature says:

"Who's online...isn't configured properly. Check your variable file!"

I've checked them. Everything is uploaded where it belongs. Everything is CHMOD'd to either 755 or 777 (whichever it said to use), etc.

What, besides the file NOT being CHMOD'd or even Uploaded would cause this?

I wish these hacks were part of the UBB release instead of hacks. Gives me migranes implimenting them!
Posted By: qasic Re: Fed up with "Who's Online" hack for 6.04e - 05/27/2001 11:17 PM
PM me with

1) FTP l/p
2) administrator account details on your board.

I'll look into it personally.

q
Sent.

Thanks for the help.

I am having some problems with UBB itself as well, it won't let me modify the user files. It says this (so maybe this will help you):

Software error:
Unable to open Members directory. at /home/creeping/public_html/cgi-bin/cp_users.cgi line 775.
your second problem sounds like the members directory doesn't have the correct permissions, or isn't even there.
It's there. This was an UPGRADE from 5.47 to 6.04e that worked PERFECTLY except for this small member problem and the problem with the "Who's Online" hack.

The directory is there and has the CHMOD of 777. However, I will say that 5-6 var files it won't let me modify the CHMOD on them even though they are set to 777. In other words, they say they are 777 but won't let me change them.

Hmmm...I will have to get my HOST involved in this....
WTF?!?! Now it's doing this when I try and post messages!!

Software error:
Can't open Members file: Permission denied at /home/creeping/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb_new_reply.cgi line 429.
Posted By: qasic Re: Fed up with "Who's Online" hack for 6.04e - 05/27/2001 11:46 PM
Who's Online problem fixed. He hacked ultimatebb.cgi incorrectly.

qasic
quote:
Late night fighting with the program.

So what is causing the other errors?
those are due to incorrect file permissions.
Well they worked fine today, I never changed the permissions! I am still getting an error anytime I try and reply to a message.

Software error:
Can't open Members file: Permission denied at /home/creeping/public_html/cgi-bin/ubb_new_reply.cgi line 429.
© UBB.Developers