UBB.Dev
Posted By: York1 UBB Security - 06/07/2001 2:56 AM
Well I tried asking over at Infopop but they wont help because the UBB Im running is modded. SO I figured I would aks here before going back to an un modded UBB
Over the last couple days someone has stolen Users passwords and logged in to the forum as the user Posting crap.Now I did have the Members directory in the CGI-bin Since the first attack I moved it above Root on the server. BTW im running 6.04e And the forums are at http://vp6-board.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi
Since then tho he has appeared one more time.Not sure if it was a password nabbed before the change or what.Anyhow what steps can I take to prevent this in the future?Any suggestions would be appreciated

[ June 06, 2001 07:58 PM: Message edited by: York1 ]
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: UBB Security - 06/07/2001 3:19 AM
Get your access logs, and ban him. Bing bang boom.
Rename members to something weird, too.
Posted By: qasic Re: UBB Security - 06/07/2001 6:26 AM
Kill all admin except yourself. If you're hacked again, then you know that somehow your upgrading resulted in a hack being opened and must install a clean board (no hacks; forums, styles, and members are still preserved).

qasic
Posted By: ELY_M Re: UBB Security - 06/07/2001 9:15 AM
Please list what hacks you have installed on your board. if you had started over before I saw your board or is it still same ?

I wonder if the whois online allows password exploit ?

[ June 07, 2001 02:19 AM: Message edited by: ELY_M ]
Posted By: York1 Re: UBB Security - 06/08/2001 12:14 AM
Board is the same as always except for the moving and now renaming of the members directory
Im using the Statistics Hack,WOL,Preview post,Jimbo's Custom Status/Rank v0.0004
SO far moving/renaming the members directory seems to have slowed him down.He hasnt been able to reuse any of the previously hacked Nicks and has only gotten two more since the original attack
© UBB.Developers