UBB.Dev
Ubb 6.05 is setup on Netfirms.com
It was working at one time...but I messed it up somehow....now when someone tries to register....they go thru the registration process fine..till the last step.
When clicking on the submit button it prompts to save ultimatebb.cgi on my hd....and doesn't register the user!
I probably have a permission problem..but I am not sure! Any ideas?
Thanks for any help! confused

[ July 07, 2001 10:10 PM: Message edited by: XbLaDe ]
what hack were you installing right before this incident? Did you change ANY permissions before you got this error? Give us a little bit more info please.
Has anyone registered succesfully before this problem occoured?
Yes it worked and new members could register before I tried to apply the who's online hack!
My variables are in the cgi-bin directory..which netfirms says to set to 755 and it worked fine. The instruction with wol says to set cgi-bin and Templetes directories and all the files in those directories to 777!
Well like a dummy I didn't check each file in the directories and record their properties.....I didn't get the wol hack to work...so I went back to a backup copy I had downloaded! But I don't think it keep track of the property settings..LOL!
Anyway...I chmod the cgi-bin dir back to 755 and the board worked again (but new members couldn't register).. I also chmod all the .cgi to 755 and all the variables to 777! (Not sure what the settings were for Templetes directory before I tried the hack) I don't know if any of the cgi files need to be 777 or not!
I am pretty sure my problem is just with the chmod settings....I just don't know what should be what..LOL!
I may have to just delete everything and setup the board again!
Thanks for any suggestions! confused

[ July 08, 2001 11:16 AM: Message edited by: XbLaDe ]
Yaahooo I got it back...LOL!
I was trying to register as a new member and got the following message!

Can not overwrite an existing profile number. Please notify the administration that their last_number.cgi file may be corrupt. Permissions on the Members directory must be reset, and the Member Stat files must be rebuilt afterwards. (00000749)

I checked my member list and sure enough there were only 748 ......I have no idea where the last one come from.....but I deleted it and rebuilt the member stats and it allowed me to register.....what a relief..LOL!

Thanks guy for the help! Much appreciated! laugh
© UBB.Developers