UBB.Dev
Posted By: cloun Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/16/2001 3:57 AM
This is so very newbie:

I just upgraded to 5.47 from freeware. Everything seems to be working fine, but I can't access the User Info/Permissions from control panel. I get an "Internal Server Error." Any clues as to what I've done wrong would be appreciated.

I really need to access those permissions!
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/16/2001 10:04 AM
Have you installed any hacks? Or maybe you have Chmodded the cpanel files wrongly.
Posted By: cloun Re: Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/16/2001 7:20 PM
I haven't installed any hacks. I'm working straight out of the box here.

I'll look into the Chmodding, but I'm almost positive those settings are correct. This feature worked fine in the previous freeware version.

I've seen that several posters (on InfoPops board) in the past that have had this same problem, yet I never see an explaination or a fix posted...
Posted By: cloun Re: Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/16/2001 10:18 PM
Okay. My bad...

There was a permissions problem in cpanel4.cgi compounded by a resources limit with my host (Mindspring/Earthlink). Now I just need to figure out how to get past the limits they're placing on my cgi-file...

Here's their warning:

"In order to preserve resources for other Web Hosting customers, EarthLink has imposed a few limitations and restrictions for ill-behaved scripts. All CGI programs have a CPU usage limit and a time limit. Specifically, no scripts can use five minutes worth of CPU time. Additionally, a maximum of 50 simultaneous processes are allowed."

How bad is this going to cripple me as my membership grows?
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/17/2001 9:56 AM
Very bad. I'd say you need to get a new server that will support it fully.
Posted By: cloun Re: Can't access User Info/permissions - 07/18/2001 9:52 PM
That makes me sad...

I loved Mindspring, but since Earthlink has taken over they've become a complete pain in the buttocks. Part of the 'resources' problem was due to my editing of the scripts in Mindspring's online file manager. A nice tool, but...

Thanks for you help L.D.! Your hint got me on roll and my board is running great!
© UBB.Developers