UBB.Dev
Posted By: Yar Surus Cannot login onto CP - 10/17/2001 1:52 PM
Hi... I'm experiencing a problem quite annoying... I have my message board for quite a time, got 3000 users today, and yesterday when I was rebuilding the member stats it detected a member with extra fields, said it could be a possible hack attempt, wich I don't agree.. anyway, the fact is that after that, every time I try to login onto the Control Panel, i get a message saying: "Sorry, we have no one registered with that name. Use your browser's back button to try again"

I installed the ubb without hacks in another dir, and maitained the members dir and the error's still there...

So, what should I do?! I really don't know what to do anymore...
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 12:10 AM
ur infopop copywrite has been rmoved, plz add it back before asking or suport smirk
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 12:16 AM
Thanks A-L

You only have one member registered at the forum in your profile.. you may have to edit the vars_config.cgi file manualy to point to your present Members folder to be able to login.
Posted By: Yar Surus Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 12:44 AM
It had not been removed... well, not intentionally... It's there, powered by Infopop... is not it?

Anyway, the vars_config is already pointing to the right path... That 1 user was that I re-created one user by erasing the vars config, then creating a new user.

Wich means it doesn't allow me to access with the existing users, but allows me to creat new ones.

I figured out that it's a problem in the members directory, something that is in there must be wrong. I don't know what frown

If someone could help me, reply or ICQ me: 2608681

thanks!
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 12:54 AM
ive had this problem before. your max feilds is messin up the members files i belive (am i wrong?) ull have to change the max feilds. i forget witch file u must edit tho

PS: my broswer wasent loading the ubb fully or soemthing the copywrite was there my bad plz ignore my above post
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 1:10 AM
In ubb_lib.cgi look for my $maxmemfields = and try playin with the number there. 29 is base ubb
Posted By: Yar Surus Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 1:26 AM
I'll try that! Thanks, I'm also getting a problem of syntax:

syntax error at /hosted/survivors/cgi-bin/ubb/cp_wordlets.cgi line 23, near "elsif"
syntax error at /hosted/survivors/cgi-bin/ubb/cp_wordlets.cgi line 38, near "elsif"

http://www.survivors.com.br/temp/cp_wordlets.txt

there's the file... Could you help me? Tks!
Posted By: Yar Surus Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 1:27 AM
It worked!!!! Thanks guys! Tks!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

But the problem of now not beeing able to access the wordlets section. I have other 2 minor problems: The Who's Online Link is not appearing and the newsfader is not working, although it's present in the Control Panel... Take a look: www.survivors.com.br

I'll be happy if you can help me out smile

Thanks again!

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Yar Surus ]
Posted By: Yar Surus Re: Cannot login onto CP - 10/18/2001 5:14 AM
Sorry for the flood!

I fixed all that already... tks! I got another problem now wich is in another topic...

tks!
© UBB.Developers