UBB.Dev
Posted By: Caineg Banning by domain? - 10/27/2001 9:38 PM
OK, we've got a problem with a member who keeps switching computers at his college so he doesn't have the same IP. He's really getting on everyones nerves and is only there to start trouble. Is there a way to ban the whole domain? So far he keeps registering with different usernames, different email addresses, and like I said slightly different IP's. So if anyone could tell me how to ban the whole network he's using it would be appreciated.

BTW, we're using v5.46. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: John A. MacDonald Re: Banning by domain? - 10/27/2001 10:20 PM
I am pretty sure if you end with an * (ie 192.168.0.*) it will ban anyone with that IP range.

I could be wrong, but thought I saw that somewhere.
Posted By: Caineg Re: Banning by domain? - 10/27/2001 10:28 PM
Had the webmistress try that with mine. Didn't work which is odd because I thought it would have banned everything coming through that router. But I'll have her try again, who knows maybe she got one of the other numbers wrong. Right now she's looking at an alternate route. If it works I'll make sure to let you know what she did. Thanks.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Banning by domain? - 10/28/2001 2:20 AM
That should work, or you could ban the subnet at the server level. In IIs you can refuse the connections, or use the .htaccess file on a linux server.
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Banning by domain? - 10/28/2001 6:01 PM
There's no need for the asterisk at the end of the IP address.

quote:
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Banning by domain? - 10/28/2001 11:17 PM
In fact, the * will break the ban list.
© UBB.Developers