UBB.Dev
Posted By: Variables URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 8:30 PM
Our members mixed up random. This happens now and then and it is disastrous. Yesterday i noticed that the admin was written over by another member, and i had to go into the server to make some serious adjustments in the member cgi. files.

The complete info is written over, if someone is member three he will not only be erased by for example member 5, but member five stay's with his/her own info in the memberfiles. So he/she is registered 2 times with the same info, but another registered member is gone.

How and where can i stop this from happening again?

[ 01-12-2002 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Variables ]
Posted By: qasic Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 8:55 PM
Your using a UBB that doesn't have Flood Checking for registrations. Upgrade to UBB 6.03 at least or better yet use UBB 6.1.0.4.

qasic
Posted By: Variables Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 8:59 PM
Qasic, we run a 6.1.0.3 ubb.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 10:43 PM
got a link? we had the same problem a year ago when someone flooded our registration, corrupting the member files. rebuild your member stats from the cp for a start to sort things out a little better.
Posted By: Variables Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 11:10 PM
I've send you a PM Allen.
Posted By: Bandit Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/12/2002 11:32 PM
I just went throught the same nightmare.
It happens when the member is posting and hits the "submit" button. His profile is then over-written usually by the person who had posted previously.
I removed all my mods and updated to 6.1.0.3 from 0.2. I then installed "Who's online" and "Chat"...no problems. I then installed "Last post by" and the problem started back up. Since I removed it again...no more problems!
I'm not saying that's the problem, but something ain't jiving!
BTW, I had that mod installed for along time. I'm not sure exactly what I did when the problems started. Never once did I get an error message either!
Sorry this post is all over the place, but that's how my mind was when this was happening!!
Bandit
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: URGENT, Need help! - 01/13/2002 12:04 AM
Make sure you rebuild your member stat files, then use the multihack file to install the "last reply by" to see where the error might be.
© UBB.Developers