UBB.Dev
Posted By: Eric C. Netwerkin and ExtremeChatforums - 02/17/2002 3:40 AM
I love how tim and xpert have the page top setup. I was viewing the source and can't seem to figure out which files they modded. If they did the forum_summary.pl then they would have to do it on a bunch of .pl temps right? I would of thought the easiest way would be to add it as a header then comment out replaced items in the pl files? I can recreate what they did just not the links to stats which i have no clue and XPerts clock is cool. So I think my question is more about how to get those links to work and what to do.

Netwerkin example up at top
Extremechatforums example up at top

I think what those 2 did is cool but if I can figure it out I plan to make a personalized version for myself rather than use there style. Plus I don't want to look like their sites.

Thanks

Eric
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Netwerkin and ExtremeChatforums - 02/17/2002 4:55 AM
You need to mess around with public_forum_summary.pl. Add tables and move around variable links and stuff.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Netwerkin and ExtremeChatforums - 02/17/2002 5:51 AM
Thanks for the kind words! My board has the main buttons line removed from the templates and then I used the header in the style templates to do what you see there. I actually removed the standard title table from most of the templates as well.

Unfortunately it makes upgrading a lot more difficult.

Edit: About the links, I just used the standard href tags and images in the header.
Posted By: Eric C. Re: Netwerkin and ExtremeChatforums - 02/17/2002 7:05 AM
Thanks for the reply xpert. Oh man that is a major undertaking lol. I would have to go thru all those pl's for $standard table lol. I might leave it alone because your right about upgrading. Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I hope to see more great cusomizations from the both of you.

Eric
© UBB.Developers