UBB.Dev
Posted By: Demolition Problem...... - 03/23/2002 2:09 PM
On our forums we deleted 6 members and we are now on 94 members , but someone registered and they are the 100th member . anyone know how to fix this confused
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Problem...... - 03/23/2002 2:24 PM
You can't, it's how the UBB Is. Doesn't update Member Numbers. I think you can change the member number manually through the member files.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Problem...... - 03/23/2002 2:44 PM
WASSUP!:

Yeah...If my thinking is correct you have to edit each of the .cgi files as well as delete the main user .cgi (in UBB Members directory) to reflect the current member listing. After the next guy registers rebuild your member stats. I had to do that too a while back and it worked...No corruption.

THANKS!
PrimeTime
Posted By: Demolition Re: Problem...... - 03/23/2002 4:16 PM
OK thanks for the help.

I have another problem and there is no point in making a new topic.
I have installed UBB news fine but it doesn't seem to want to work i keep getting the error :

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

which means it can't find the file.
I tried to enter for the id "1" and what i called the Session in the Control Panel.
Can anyone help me , thanx again. wink
Posted By: Matt Jacob Re: Problem...... - 03/23/2002 8:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Demolition:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

which means it can't find the file.

It could mean other things besides that. Post the code you're using in your HTML page.
Posted By: Demolition Re: Problem...... - 03/23/2002 8:44 PM
I have tried codes.........

<--#exec cgi="/home/sites/xxxxxxx/ps2gaming/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1" -->

and the

<--include virtural="#exec cgi="/home/sites/xxxxxxx/ps2gaming/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1" -->

(2nd one ain't done right , but i got the right one from the thread on the UBB News)

Well i tried both and none worked confused
Posted By: Demolition Re: Problem...... - 03/24/2002 1:48 PM
BUMPING wink
Posted By: LK Re: Problem...... - 03/24/2002 3:31 PM
1. never change member #, it will affect the cookies and make problems in posts.

2. I think it's relative paths - for example if the SHTML file is on /home/sites/xxxxxxx, use /ps2gaming/ubbnews.cgi?ns_id=1

3. You don't have to edit each member file, you just have to rename it tipsy But again, don't do it. wink
Posted By: Demolition Re: Problem...... - 03/24/2002 4:44 PM
OK i won't wink thanx for the help smile
© UBB.Developers