UBB.Dev
Posted By: Variables hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/13/2002 9:01 PM
Obviously i had a hack installed in the ubb 6.2.1.1 that uses memberprofilefields and now i'm experience major problems with the upgrade to 6.3 beta.

I can't rebuild memberfields and also, because i've tried to do that, the forum can not open.
I 've tried to download the memberfieldstrip from the supportsite but the server has a hangup there.

Is there a way to proceed and to get the forum working again?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/13/2002 9:14 PM
When the server comes back up (should be less than a few hours, with luck - we're looking into it now), the member profile field stripper will be the way to go.
Posted By: Variables Re: hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/14/2002 2:46 AM
Thanks Charles, all went well. I'm now going to look for css etc. for the new templates. tipsy
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/14/2002 6:53 PM
Speaking of 6.3 laugh -- Charles & Co., do you think most of the hacks from 6.2+ will transfer over?

I downloaded it in the wee hours of the morning--gonna look at it shortly.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/15/2002 2:50 AM
Many should work with little or no modification.

Anything that touches style templates will need to be re-ported... anything that modified MainButtonLine needs to be noted that the sub has moved from ubb_lib to public_common....
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: hack attempt, memberfield corrupted - 04/15/2002 6:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Many should work with little or no modification.

Anything that touches style templates will need to be re-ported... anything that modified MainButtonLine needs to be noted that the sub has moved from ubb_lib to public_common....

Excellent! I'll have to start playing with it.

Thanks, Charles.
© UBB.Developers