UBB.Dev
Posted By: Pilot Snipes Editing post doesn't refesh on first go - 07/09/2002 2:57 AM
Ok I think I probably screwed up, but I would appreciate a little nod in the right direction to fix this problem.

I've UBB 6.3.0.1 and I've installed a few multihack files (all went with no errors and I followed the instructions exactly). They are PM 1.2, Mod CP Addon, Mod Wordlets, sticky threads 1.7 and last reply in forum. I'm almost positive I've done these hacks perfectly!

However, whenever I delete or edit a post, when the screen comes back as says "Sit tight whilst we ........" when the thread returns, the old words are still there. When I click refresh, the edited words now appear as they should.

I've gone through the matainence on CP and cleared the cache, rebuilt everything again, but still no joy.

Sugguestions please - it's ok for me, but it's going to really confuse the punters who use the board!

Thank you.
I think it's your browser cache since you needed to refresh for your page to update for you.

I'm not too sure though. Does it happen to others too?
Posted By: DJLunacy Re: Editing post doesn't refesh on first go - 07/09/2002 8:31 PM
Does this only happen on your computer?

If it does it's your browser cache. What software and version of it do you use to browse the web?

Also double check your hack installation.. Even if you think you did it and don't see any errors.

You never know smile
Yeah I think you may have been right, it was my own cache causing the problem.

Thanks folks.

BTW I have one last question, when there are new upgrades of UBB say from 6.2.1 to 6.3.0.1, or soon 6.3.0.1 to 6.3.1 do you have to go through all the hack updates again?

I recon you have to, but I'm hoping someone has a great suggestion on a quick way to do it!

(I do have multihack installed, but it still takes a while!)
Yes, you will have to rehack after installing every new version.

You can use Multihack to do this and some others find Beyond-Compare useful for it.
Ok, that's what I thought.

My initial reaction is that I would like to wait til 6.3.1 goes final (for a week or two) before having to update my board again.

My second assumption is that I'll also probably have to wait a few days to see if most of the hacks are compatible with the new version? (I'd prefer to let the real coders/programmers find the bugs first - they know how to handle them!!!)

Cheers.
© UBB.Developers