UBB.Dev
Posted By: kkjl3121 posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 3:00 AM
ok, i know i should probably post this at the infopop bug board. But i signed up and i haven't gotten my password yet, so i'm hoping someone here can help me..

ok
whenever someone posts a new topic with any punctation like a comma, question mark, ect, the topic shows up with only the punctation showing. This is very annoying as you must think. I tried uploading ultimatebb.cgi again, and i tried uploading the posting script again as well. But nothing seems to fix. I've even fiddled around with the settings. I'm sure beta 6 7.1 will fix this, but i dunno how to upgrade
*feels stupid*
lol
thanks
undefined
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 3:36 AM
Do you have the censor feature enabled, by chance?
Posted By: kkjl3121 Re: posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 4:52 AM
yup
letme try disabling it
smile
Posted By: kkjl3121 Re: posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 5:03 AM
OMG
it worked!
thank you so much
^_^
how'd ya know?

thanks again
smile
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 6:25 AM
There have always been problems with the censor - I just made a guess. wink

Post the contents of your censor field in a plain old text file, upload it to your server, then post the URL to the file here - we can look it over for the problematic entries.
Posted By: Tim 3dfiles Re: posting bug....need help - 02/04/2001 6:32 AM
Makes me wonder. A little while ago, a few threads got posted corrupted, like user name in the time, topic in the name and crazy stuff like that. Not sure what caused it, but just before it started I added 2 new words to the ban list. Previously all had the brackets around them, but I added 2 without. I placed brackets around them, maybe thatll help.

Might be no help, but I toss it in here anyway smile
© UBB.Developers