UBB.Dev
Posted By: KodoSan ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 5:53 AM
That's messed up.. what's up. I get an ISE on the whole board. I upgraded on my test box in 5 minutes was up and running. I upload to the productional server and it fails miserably. If ubb6_test.cgi is failing..what the hell am i doing wrong...
chmod cgi to 755 and I followed the instructions EXACTLY! I'm not new to doing this.. bizzare. Please help me!!! PLEASE!!
www.fraggersforum.com/cgi-bin/cp.cgi

[ February 08, 2001: Message edited by: KodoSan ]
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 7:00 AM
This means you either uploaded the script in ASCII or the path to perl is incorrect. Check your error log...
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 7:03 AM
Perhaps I have missed something.. am I not to upload the script in ASCII.. i thought we were supposed to.. confused I wish i could view the error log..
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 7:23 AM
I ran hello.pl and cgi and they worked perfectly. I am so confused. I uploaded all the files 5 times.. I really haven't a clue as to what is happening.
Thanks for your help charles.. do you have any more ideas?
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 7:30 AM
This is the perl version running on the server. PERL 5.00404 is that sufficient?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 10:45 AM
Sorry, that should read didn'tupload in ASCII. smile

Do you have access to your error logs?
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/09/2001 3:13 PM
i will contact the host for error log.
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/10/2001 5:38 PM
Here is a copy of the debug for the files. If i comment out the file lock for fcntl.pm then it works. what are the repercussions of not using file lock. ( I assume this can corrupt the board drastically).

Code
code:

How does one go about fixing this!? frown
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/11/2001 1:33 AM
**THAT** was in your error logs!?!

Support ticket time, man. Something is VERY wrong with your server, so Infopop is going to want to look at it....
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/11/2001 1:39 AM
let me give you an update:

Software error:
[Sat Feb 10 16:55:57 2001] Fcntl.pm: [Sat Feb 10 16:55:57 2001] Fcntl.pm:
Can't locate object method "ckage" via package "Fcntl" at
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404/Fcntl.pm line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at hello.cgi line 6.

This is the error I get. I had already opened up a support ticket with infopop and am currently workin with them on it. It appears that the module that provides file locking is not executing properly. I have to go now, I will post more later.
Posted By: KodoSan Re: ubb6_test.cgi gives me ISE. wtf! - 02/11/2001 5:24 AM
David Deezer sends this to me as a by pass for file locking. Take note that if any one decides to implement this that there is a significant chance of file data/file corruption since file locking is disabled.

quote:
© UBB.Developers