UBB.Dev
Posted By: Kangu I am new and need help! - 02/18/2001 12:36 PM
I am going to buy the UBB but I have no clue as to how install it or how it even works! I really need to get it because I want to make a website that requires a BB.

I want to know the ins and outs of setting it up, is it hard? I also want to know if you have a choice as to which message icons you have and whether I can add my own instant graemlins or I have to use the default ones? If anyone is willing to help me with this, please let me know! I would really appreciate it, I know it is hard to sometimes help someone you don't know but I might be of some help with something I know to you too? Please help me out here...

Also do you know any free web hosting places that support the UBB?
Posted By: Sukotto Re: I am new and need help! - 02/18/2001 1:00 PM
Good place to isntall a UBB with no ads it www.f2s.com
they support PHP MySQL and Perl.

Installing a UBB isn't that hard its mainly uploading and having to CHMOD files.

Adding message icons is easy you just have to add more icons with the next number in the sequence in the NonCGI icons folder. icon15.gif icon16.gif etc etc.

Instant Graemlins i don't know about, i imagine you could edit somewhere to change them.
Posted By: Kangu Re: I am new and need help! - 02/18/2001 1:11 PM
Thanks for replying PPN. I just don't have any clues as to what to do yet so I am scared to go buy it and then get stuck with it. I have never worked with Perl or CGI so I don't even know what I am supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated! laugh
I went to see your Pokemon website, it is soooooo cool!!!!! laugh
Posted By: Sukotto Re: I am new and need help! - 02/18/2001 1:16 PM
I am stuck on UBB 5.47c i am too lazy to upgrade to 6 at the moment due to there is not many hacks available for it and it seems stable at moment.

At least someone can see my server i had memory leakage in BIND and then all the dns records were lost and it keeps going wonky at the moment.
© UBB.Developers