UBB.Dev
Posted By: ospensky "today's active topics" blank. help - 03/06/2001 6:14 PM
I 'upgraded' from v6 7.9 to v6 8.4 and now my "Today's Active Topics" page is blank...

see: forums.theconnection.org

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Or what I can do to get that page working again?

Thanks

o
Posted By: ospensky Re: "today's active topics" blank. help - 03/06/2001 6:40 PM
after a little research, here's what else i found.

It does keep track of new posts. THat is, when I post, it gets added to the daily_index file.

But on the active topics page, there is no post and no author listed... it looks like this:

" Education by (post # 1) "

So its keeping track, but it can't find the author or post information to fill it. In addition, when I delete the post, it still appears in the active topics list.

o
Posted By: ospensky Re: "today's active topics" blank. help - 03/06/2001 6:52 PM
the mystery keeps resolving, but i still need help!

I found that the /ubb_files/misc/ubb_get_daily.cgi file does not exist.

Ive tried cleaning out the cache and doing all the maintenance tasks through the admin backoffice, but i can't get it to create itself.

o
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: "today's active topics" blank. help - 03/06/2001 10:59 PM
Did it work before you upgraded?
Posted By: The Wedge Re: "today's active topics" blank. help - 03/17/2001 4:17 AM
Yeah I have the same problem. Here is a link to mine. I'm just going to upgrade to the final. Hope that solves it.
http://sicktracks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_daily
© UBB.Developers