UBB.Dev
Posted By: Helen Nich Questions about upgrading from 6.0 to 6.02 - 04/02/2001 6:51 PM
Never having done this before I'm gonna need someone to hold my hand a bit. *prays someone will help me*

Question #1
Can I just install 6.02 over 6.0? Or do I need to install 6.01 then 6.02?

Which instructions should I follow?
Upgrade from 6.0 Demo?
If not...what file name should I follow the instructions?
Currently have 6.0 installed and want to upgrade it to 6.02

Thanks for helping!
Ari
Dim Horizon Forums

[ April 02, 2001: Message edited by: Ari ]
Need help...please someone respond?
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Questions about upgrading from 6.0 to 6.02 - 04/02/2001 8:26 PM
Unless you can get your hands on the 6.0 --> 6.01 ZIP file, it looks like you're going to have to install a complete 6.02.

I'm sure there has to be some way to get 6.0 --> 6.01 from Infopop.

But if not, just download the entire 6.02 ZIP file and install it from scratch. It wouldn't make much sense for Infopop to not have 6.0 --> 6.01 still available. You probably just have to ask.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Questions about upgrading from 6.0 to 6.02 - 04/02/2001 8:30 PM
Wait, I think I read your question wrong. You're saying you DO want to install 6.02 completely overtop of 6.0. Well, yes, you can do this. Just download the full 6.02 ZIP file and transfer the contents accordingly. Piece of cake.

MMmmmmm. Caaakkke.
Ok..so...I may be acting rather blonde at the moment. But let me get this straight.

You cannot upgrade from 6.0 to 6.02 without doing an entire install?

Ari
I'm trying to avoid losing my members info etc. So...I HAVE to be sure on this.
I have 6.0 and want to have 6.02. Is that clearer? Which is the easiest way to install it. 6.0 to 6.01 to 6.02 or straight from 6.0 to 6.02
doh...my luck
only 6.0 to 6.01 version available is in german and I don't read german!

*Wonders where english version is*
????
I feel like I birthed a baby! eek
I think I successfully updated from 6.0 to 6.02

The instructions for newbies are far from adequate! I'm still holding my breath wondering if I forgot something!

Was not very clear to me what to do with the .pl files (chmod or no chmod) or at least list the extensions that don't require chmod.

Moderator: You may delete this post
laugh
Posted By: Lucia Re: Questions about upgrading from 6.0 to 6.02 - 04/02/2001 10:38 PM
Well, as far as I'm aware, you don't have to worry about chmod when you upgrade, unless you're uploading totally new files..

For example, if you're uploading a 6.02 copy of ultimatebb.cgi over a 6.0 copy, your server will remember the permissions for that file.. Does this make sense?..
You will NEVER, EVER, NEVER have to upgrade to previous versions and then the current.
You could do 5.44 -> 6.0 beta 2 without fail.
Thanks for the moral support...

Still a little squeemish about the whole thing....but I'm learning!

Going to install the views hack next! Really HAVE to learn PERL one of these days!
© UBB.Developers