UBB.Dev
Posted By: yolk Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/11/2001 3:31 AM
Any of you guys face any problem with the search function in ubb v 6 ? Upgraded from ubb 5.47 and the search doesn't work on my board and only in 2 forums out of 15 because both the forums have more than 10,000+ posts. It didn't cost any problems in 5.47 and I've already posted this problem in infopop board but the only suggestion I received is for me to prune some threads. If possible I want to leave that as a last option. Anyone got any ideas ?

Forgot to mention my board is at www.hardware-corner.net/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

[ April 10, 2001: Message edited by: yolk ]
Posted By: Charles Re: Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/11/2001 6:36 PM
After upgrading I suppose you used all the options of the administrative section of CP and rebuilt the search index ?

I tried on a board upgraded to 6.02 and it works. I will give it a try on a version 6.03

Try rebuilding your search index and see if it changes anything
Posted By: yolk Re: Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/13/2001 9:55 AM
Hi chuck

I've already tried rebuilding my search index a couple of time and it didn't make a difference. Also I'm using the one index for each forum option. I did an upgrade from v5.47 to v6.02 and then another upgrade to v6.03.

Also when I do a search on all open forums this is the message i get test: 2452013-155638-ArFp

Thanks
Posted By: Charles Re: Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/13/2001 10:53 AM
Try installing a test board on your server with the latest version (6.04a) and see if the search feature works.

If it does, either upgrade your board to the latest version, or simply import your thread files and members on the new install.

Try the test board idea and let me know.

Chuck
Posted By: yolk Re: Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/23/2001 9:14 AM
Okay after debating for quite some time I decided to do an upgrade to v 6.04b Now the search seems to work in all open forums and still doesn't work in the hardware corner forum. I believe that when searching the whole board will involves more thread/posts instead of just searchin one category confused
Posted By: Charles Re: Search function not working in ubb v 6.03 - 04/23/2001 11:02 AM
At least, there is a bigger chance of getting more hits.
© UBB.Developers