UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hexican HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 8:27 AM
Will not allow "head", "body" or "html" tags.

Is there a hack or way to bypass the error and if so, would doing so cause a problem allowing these tags? In other words, is there a reason these tags are not allowed?

Thanks!!!

WL7
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 11:38 AM
Don't use HTML period. It's a security threat.
Posted By: Hexican Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 1:07 PM
Thanks for the reply... I normally would not but this is a fantasy football board with 17 members. The stats are published in HTML and only I can post in the scores forum.

I have to modify the HTML and edit out the above tags which screws up the format... caused large gaps. Instead of editing the HTML code every time (the software that generates the report is not capable of outputting in a different format and UBB doesn't like tables or spaces) I would rather take the risk of using the HTML.

Thanks again for the reply... smile

WL7
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 3:19 PM
Well at least use VIPHTML hack then, so at least members can't access the HTML.
Posted By: LK Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 3:48 PM
Some blocked tags (like the ones you mentioned) can cause problems to the page's look, and others have security threats.
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/13/2002 4:24 PM
... so therefore don't use them. If you need to post an HTML page, then you should post the HTML page on the site and link to it.

The UBB will try to autoformat the HTML you insert, which as you have noted, will break things very badly. smile
Posted By: Hexican Re: HTML enabled question... - 09/14/2002 5:30 AM
Great, thanks for the replies and suggestions. I wanted to avoid a linked page but it appears to be the best option. Sounds like the way to go security and format.

Thanks again for the info... ya'll the best.

WL7
© UBB.Developers