UBB.Dev
Posted By: not-a-hacker spell checker install problem ? - 10/10/2002 11:37 PM
We are running UBB Classic 6.3.1.1
In an attempt to get Spell Checking, I installed the following:

1. Mod Wordlets Install
2. Modifications CP Addon
3. Spell Check

When I click the "Spellcheck" button, I get an Internal Server Error. According to the error_log file, it says it's blowing up on line 47 of spell.cgi, which is: use LWP::Simple;
It also says: can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC.

Does anyone know what I have missed?

Thanks in advance!!!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: spell checker install problem ? - 10/11/2002 12:21 AM
Sounds like some common perl modules aren't installed. Check with your web host providor smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: spell checker install problem ? - 10/11/2002 12:21 AM
ps: welcome smile
Posted By: not-a-hacker Re: spell checker install problem ? - 10/11/2002 12:36 AM
You were right!
We're up!
Thank you!!!
Posted By: Hexican Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 12:59 AM
I am having the same problem. I spoke with the tech support and they directed me to perl.com. I am not real sure which module I need and where exactly to install it. (I am assuming the "modules" directory but does it need anything special or a certain way it's set up?) This is a bit out of my depth but I am trying LOL.

Thanks!
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 3:01 AM
It is your host's responsibility to install Perl modules. While some modules can be installed locally, it usually takes a trained professional to get it done right.

Installing each module takes only moments of their time. If they refuse to install the modules, you may wish to look elsewhere...
Posted By: Hexican Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 7:17 AM
Thanks for the reply... I have a server that I lease so maybe that is the reason the don't want to get too deep in it. Does anyone know the name of the module I need so I can at least get them in the right direction?

Thanks again... been cramming Perl in my brain here trying to play catch up.

Thanks!
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 8:48 AM
Well, the name of the module would be included in the error you're receiving - what's the full text of the error?
Posted By: LK Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 8:50 AM
You need the module LWP::Simple, which needs the modules HTTP::Status, HTTP::Date, LWP and LWP::UserAgent... Maybe also some others tipsy
Posted By: Hexican Re: spell checker install problem ? - 11/12/2002 10:19 PM
LK... Great, that's getting me on the right track.

The error is a 500 error and doesn't give anything specific. I double checked the permissions and reloaded from the zip, downloaded the zip again and reloaded again, still the 500 error.

I'm going to check if I have the above modules and go from there.

Thanks alot for the replies and the help!!!
© UBB.Developers