UBB.Dev
Posted By: Nostradamus PM Deletion through the server? - 10/31/2002 6:10 PM
I wanted to know if there was a way, to delete all PM's that members had through a UBB 6.1 board, through the server files? I have a glitch where some people can't delete PM's after we moved to a new server, and want to know where user PM's are stored, so that I can delete them off the board/server. Can this be done? Thank you.
Posted By: CTM Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 10/31/2002 6:21 PM
(a) To fix the problem, rebuild member stat files.

(b) To delete PMs through FTP, go to your Members directory and browse through the folders beginning with pm_, in particular pm_topics, which holds the actual text of the PM smile
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 10/31/2002 6:22 PM
Member stats won't do anything to help PMs...
Posted By: CTM Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 10/31/2002 6:25 PM
That's weird... I could've sworn I rebuilt member stats to get rid of that problem once... Obviously I'm wrong... Any idea what I could've done, Charles?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 10/31/2002 7:29 PM
If I gave you the private message index rebuilder, perhaps?
Posted By: Nostradamus Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 11/01/2002 11:30 PM
Thank you for the info, but I have one more question. I deleted two to test it out, and while it does work, when I go into my PM box, it still holds a mark, with the following info: This Private Message Not Found (perhaps recently deleted) My question is, how do I get it, to where that is not showing up when I go into my profile, or for that matter, any user goes into their Private message box. I know some file has to have a hold for how many messages I had, where is that file, so that I can completely clear out everything, and my profile should show nothing there. Is there something else I can do?
Posted By: Nostradamus Re: PM Deletion through the server? - 11/03/2002 12:43 AM
Nevermind guy's, I fixed it myself, thank you...
© UBB.Developers