UBB.Dev
Hey,

I had my sight working perfectly in a development environment, and now that I'm trying to be in production, I'm having an issue where the calendar include
code:
Code
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi" -->

is returning the HTML header at the top:
code:
[qb]
Code
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002
04:59:31 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Set-Cookie: pms2452581.2246=0; path=/; expires=Tue,
02-Nov-2004 04:59:31 GMT Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002
04:59:31 GMT Charset: 0 TEXT/HTML Content-Type:
text/html
[/qb]
Anybody know how to get rid of this?
Posted By: Burak Re: Calendar Include returning HTTP header info - 11/03/2002 11:48 AM
Moving to "New Members Forum" ... You can get a better answer there...
Posted By: CTM Re: Calendar Include returning HTTP header info - 11/03/2002 12:21 PM
Is it displaying the header AND the calendar, or just the header?
Hey. Frugal is my partner, and the production environment lives where his cookie to UBBDev lies. laugh

We get the header AND the calendar. We are also getting the header info on top of the UBBNews posts. We just didn't notice it last night because the text and bgcolor are the same.

Read somewhere that a discrepency between whether .cgi is associated with perlis.dll or perl.exe may be causing it.

We tried switching back and forth, with no positive results except for one time we did something and it appeared correctly. Then we went into IIS (5.0) to see what setting we had, made no changes, and when we got back to the home page it was gone frown
I was able to recreate the error in the development environment by associating .cgi to D:Perlbinperlis.dll instead of perl.exe

We were switching things back and forth quite a bit last night. It's quite possible that we didn't leave it sit long enough for the change to take affect.
I am having the same issue (displaying both the cookie info and the calendar), and I am associated with perl.dll in IIS 5.

Ill swap it out tonight and report my findings. But I was under the impression perl.dll afforded some proformance improvement over perl.exe. . . .
Yes. Please let me know what you find out.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrimera:

But I was under the impression perl.dll afforded some proformance improvement over perl.exe. . . .
Hmmm... perhaps that's our problem. It's *too* good. wink
Sorry for the unimaginable delay in replying, but I forgot all about this with all the other projects going on frown

I made the change. And I got cgi timeout errors frown

But I am marking them down to operator error. Either way it didnt work (
Posted By: Toop Re: Calendar Include returning HTTP header info - 12/10/2002 9:46 PM
I'm having the same issue

Http://www.toop.org/test3.shtml

File works great by itself...but when I put it in the .shtml file it chokes...it is the only thing I have in the file.
We tried and tried and tested and tested, and the results were the same. On two servers I built, we associate .cgi to Perl.exe and it works fine. On the server we actually host from, it times out. On all the servers, if you associate .cgi with Perlis.dll, you get the header info where you don't want it.
© UBB.Developers