UBB.Dev
Posted By: wOw UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/27/2002 3:22 PM
I read somewhere that a Memberlist would be included in this version. Is this the case?
Posted By: CTM Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/27/2002 4:00 PM
It is indeed. smile

The featureset is similar to that of the Memberlist hack... You can see an example right here at UBBDev, click here smile
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/27/2002 5:00 PM
The beautiful memberlist.... What have they done..?

What is the easiest way to remove this and add 6.3's Memberlist hack? wink
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/27/2002 5:51 PM
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=directory&d=browse&sorder=0

It's more than just a listing of people... it's a 'directory' smile You get the extra content islands on the right too...
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/27/2002 10:49 PM
Thank you, Oblivion Knight, for making me feel ever so good about the past four months of work and development.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/28/2002 1:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Thank you, Oblivion Knight, for making me feel ever so good about the past four months of work and development.
Sorry Charles,

After being used to the old style Memberlist since version 5 though, it was a bit of a shock seeing how much that you'd changed it for the default one.. I much prefer the old style.. Personal preference I suppose.

Hat's off to you guys for coding this stuff, but some of the new features in 6.4 really make me not want to upgrade past 6.3.1.2.. Even though I can't upgrade to that version now because it's probably no longer available in the member area, so we're left running 6.3.1.1

Who knows.. Things may grow on me.. I wasn't keen on 6.3.1.x at first, but after getting used to it, it wasn't so bad. I can't upgrade at the moment anyway as the member area access on our license has expired.. tipsy (owner will be renewing soon).

No offence intended.. =
Oblivion Knight
Posted By: LK Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/28/2002 10:52 PM
OK, you do know the old memberlist crashes servers as if they're flies tipsy The best thing you can do is simply change public_directory to make the memberlist look like the 6.3- one (although the old look requires you to use a 1024x768 screen+, otherwise every line would take more than one line, and it's not efficient at all tipsy )... if you don't care about speed and cpu usage, you can also hack the old memberlist and disable the new one from CP.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/29/2002 12:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
OK, you do know the old memberlist crashes servers as if they're flies tipsy The best thing you can do is simply change public_directory to make the memberlist look like the 6.3- one (although the old look requires you to use a 1024x768 screen+, otherwise every line would take more than one line, and it's not efficient at all tipsy )... if you don't care about speed and cpu usage, you can also hack the old memberlist and disable the new one from CP.
Nope.. Didn't know that as we've never had a problem with it.. As I said, I'm sure it will grow on me in time, or if not, will design a new layout for the new member directory that I like.
Posted By: CTM Re: UBB Classic 6.4 Question - 12/29/2002 2:10 PM
Mmm... I quite like the new design. If there was one thing I would remove from the front page of the Directory though, it would be the "Top Posters" list, because then (a) everything would fit nicely into the browser window (at 1024x768), and (b) all the tables would line up quite well.

Mleh, I'm a perfectionist. tipsy
© UBB.Developers