UBB.Dev
Posted By: kieranshaw Subscribing to email notifications - 01/10/2003 5:32 PM
Hi all!

I'm running UBB 6.21. Is there any way/hack for users to be able to subscribe to a particular board and get notifications whenever there is a new message posted. I want to keep everyone informed on a quiet board I have rather than just rely on everyone visiting all the time.

I don't want to just use the "email memebers" function because I want people to choose which boards they want to be notified for.

Any ideas much appreciated!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Subscribing to email notifications - 01/12/2003 8:33 PM
hmmm.. I don't know if a 'subscribe' mod was done for any version of the ubb, it would be nice tho, it's done with threads and ubb.x smile
Posted By: Ruben Rocha Re: Subscribing to email notifications - 01/12/2003 10:49 PM
I have a host provider that has a mail list server using Imail. I subscribed a member as a moderator with the mail list address, made him a moderator. Banned the member from posting to stop anyone from using the email lost password feature in the ban list.Then disallowed posts in the profile and customised the moderator notification. It works very well for me.
This was a suggestion By Charles Capp.
HERE!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Subscribing to email notifications - 01/12/2003 10:50 PM
cool, thanks for the tip smile
© UBB.Developers