UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ruben Rocha Will existing ubbnews hack work on Ver6.4? - 01/12/2003 10:34 PM
Has anyone ported or tried the ubbnewshack on ver6.4. I had tried it in the beta version successfully but did not fully test it.
I think the content island is a great enhancement and will probably evolve to a great feature. In fact I will be using it to a great deal as it is now. But in the meantime I need some of the formatting features that the UBBnews hack currently has.
I guess a person could make custom templates for the content island but that is above my ability at the current time.
Hey Ruben smile

We are still using it here, until we get content island output like we want it smile
Thank you Allen.
At least I will fell more comfortable trying to hack it in.
es nada smile

the next big step will be designing custom outputs for CI - then we'll be getting somewhere smile
Yup...UBBNews work on 6.4. In fact you'll find most hacks will work with newer versions of UBB. Just a few syntax changes...I'm greatful for it. The Hidden Forum and Custom Avatars 1.0007e are just two examples out of many. I'm just speaking from my experiences.

smile
Well I successfully installed UbbNews.
I have one question on the functionality.
I noticed that if I select 3 topics to grab that it only searches for the original post date not replies. If I look at the forum I see a topic at the top of the list because it has a recent reply but the topic was posted prior to the 3 topics so it does not display. Is there any way I can hack ubbnews to display the three most current topics reguardless of whether it is a new topic or reply?
© UBB.Developers