UBB.Dev
Posted By: Stilgar Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/05/2003 9:49 PM
I'm using UBB 6.5. I'd like to increase the length of my "Custom Registration Field # 2:" How do I do that? In simple terms please... I'm not very good with big words. laugh

Thanks!
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/06/2003 12:51 AM
The length of the text allowable or width of the text field?

Here is for the text allowable...Let's see if this works (for customfield #2):

For both "ubb_registration.cgi" and "ubb_profile.cgi" find:

Code
[/code]Below that you will see the numbers for each field.  You will notice "80" characters limit for the "customfields".  Just change it to the higher number you want.   

----------------------

Now open "public_register_form.pl" and find:

Code
</pre></div></div>Change the "80" to the number you specified in "ubb_registration.cgi".<br><br>--------------<br><br>Open "public_edit_profile.pl" and find:<br><br> [code]
Then change "80" to the number you've specified in "ubb_profile.cgi". Clear cache and you're set.

smile
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/06/2003 2:03 AM
Thanks PrimeTime! That's perfect!

Woohoo!
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/06/2003 2:13 AM
NP. smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/06/2003 12:10 PM
Wow, his answers were better than charles and mine put together on another post :x... Corse, I enjoy making people think, I guess thats kinda bad with forum design huh :x...
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Lenghening custom registration fields? - 03/06/2003 10:43 PM
Well... I did say:
quote:
Originally posted by Stilgar:
In simple terms please... I'm not very good with big words. laugh
tipsy
© UBB.Developers