UBB.Dev
Posted By: Hexican Missing forums problem... - 03/23/2003 5:02 AM
Using Classic 6.4.1

Hello. I am in the process of moving my forum from one server to another. Unix server. I had alot of hacks in the running board and tried to upgrade to 6.5. I got alot of file version errors so I decided to load it back stock.

Started a stock version on the new server and then transferred the forums, members etc. but none of the .cgi or templates. I have all the members showing up but only on 9 of the forums. The 9 forums are correct in content but not name. I have the posts that are supposed to be in them but the title still says "Forum 1" and so on. I did transfer the categories.file over.

Hit "Upgrade Your UBB" and it went thru the checks and did the required maintenance. All members are there and working but, like I said, only 9 forums are showing up.

www.dsstoday.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The permissions are correct and
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Missing forums problem... - 03/23/2003 5:42 AM
You need to go back through and follow the move instructions - I'm sure there are lots of other problems hiding there other than the Forum# problems...
Posted By: Hexican Re: Missing forums problem... - 03/23/2003 5:57 AM
Thanks for the reply Charles. I was trying to kill the hacks by loading in the stock Templates and CGI files instead of the original. I guess it's not going to work that easy smile

I have another idea I am going to try. Since I am not under a time crunch and it's the copy and not the original I am working with, I got some lattitude. Just wondering if anyone had an idea.

Thanks again.
© UBB.Developers