UBB.Dev
Posted By: catcherman Curious problem with ubb_new_topic.cgi - 04/19/2003 8:27 AM
I keep running into problems everytime I try to upload ubb_new_topic.cgi on my server.

I'm using FTP access to a Win 2K server. Every other file loads, and replaces, just fine, but the problem that happens when I try to upload ubb_new_topic.cgi is that it freezes the upload AND my internet connection.

When I contacted my hosing provider, I had them delete all files from the server's recycling bin. That fixed the problem, until the next time I had to upload it.

I'm in the process of adding hacks back onto my board, so I have to upload some files several times - you know the drill.

I'm posting this to see if any of you have had similar problems with this particular file, or another that showed similar stubborness.

None of my members will be able to post new topics this weekend, because my hosting provider won't be back in the office until Monday. confused

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted By: catcherman Re: Curious problem with ubb_new_topic.cgi - 04/22/2003 7:51 PM
I'm the only one? Is there somewhere else I should be asking about this?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Curious problem with ubb_new_topic.cgi - 04/22/2003 10:47 PM
Very strange.. sounds like a permissions problem alright. Does deleting it and uploading a new one fix it? Permissions in Win2k/IIS are handled at the folder level usually, you might ask your providor to right click on the ubb cgi folder, choose 'properties', then the 'security' tab, then the 'advanced' button, and reset permissions on all folders and files below that. smile

You've had some rather unusual problems, you might consider a web host with a better track record...
Posted By: catcherman Re: Curious problem with ubb_new_topic.cgi - 04/23/2003 6:23 PM
Thanks Allen, I'll have them try and re-submit the permissions settings on the folder.

The only thing that worked was to physically go on the server and empty the recycling bin. I had tried to delete the file via FTP, but that just cause the same problem as above.

I'll eventually move my site, but I need to make it profitable first. Thanks for the suggestion.
© UBB.Developers