UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian Spence Question about Multihack - 04/27/2003 6:56 AM
OK, I've been doing hacks by hand for a while, and recently I needed to extract the txt out of a mulithack so I downloaded the program. After looking through the interface, why would anyone want to use something else? It seems like a godsend. Is their some kind of disadvantage I'm not seeing?

I don't see why I would want to do a hack for 20 minutes, then find out I forgot a space somewhere, when I can click install and Voila, it's done.

Are there any (major) disadvantages?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Question about Multihack - 04/27/2003 7:34 AM
The main disadvantage is that it doesn't always react well when two hacks attempt to do different things to the same area of code. If it can't find the proper line, it can't very well replace it.

There are times when a real brain is required. smile
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Question about Multihack - 04/27/2003 7:58 AM
Tru dat. Troubleshooting will be a pain if the Multihack user has no (or very little) experience modifying UBB files manually, compared to many other boards. With experience builds confidence and in return creativity. smile With creativity you can customize the hacks which are also done manually. thumbsup
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Question about Multihack - 04/27/2003 9:26 AM
tsk tsk... in inexperienced hands....

I use them almost exclusively. I have no trouble running it through the analyzer (the code about to be changed) and editing the file if I need to for it to work. It's much more reliable than anyone trying to edit manually, and much faster tipsy

I can tell in less than one second if a mod works with my code or not, and it pinpoints for me immediately which step might have a problem. I do many installs, this is a lifesaver. smile
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Question about Multihack - 04/28/2003 3:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
It's much more reliable than anyone trying to edit manually, and much faster tipsy
I'm reliable. thumbsup I can't match Multihack's speed, but I can make up for it in other ways. laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Question about Multihack - 04/29/2003 4:42 AM
::passes prime a $50:: oh really wink ...
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: Question about Multihack - 04/29/2003 5:14 AM
I'm not one for the take wink ...I'm just a UBB freak. [Linked Image] <-- Animated. [Linked Image]
Posted By: reakhavok Re: Question about Multihack - 05/01/2003 6:05 PM
Weird Al, WHERE did you find Multihack. ive searched this forum and all the links for it are no longer working. Ive searched on google and have found nothing.. where can i get a copy..please smile

Never Mind I found it..thanks
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Question about Multihack - 05/01/2003 6:59 PM
I had problems with Multihack during a certain hack, and it showed me which steps didn't work. All I did was extract the txt and do that by hand. Still a lifesaver smile
© UBB.Developers