UBB.Dev
Posted By: jlm compacting the table - 05/06/2003 11:43 PM
On my forum summary page how can I bring the date up to the same line as the poster? This would be to compact my table a bit, because its 3 lines high right now.

Also in the forums how can i make them one line high instead of two like it is now?
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: compacting the table - 05/07/2003 2:47 AM
Probably the best way is to look in your public_forum_summary.pl file and find:

Code
[/code]You'll notice that it's inside a Table Row.  Just a few lines down you'll see "$name_link" and just under that you'll see "$TheDate" and "$LatestTime".  All 3 will need to be inside the same Table Row.  

For myself I just stripped out the codes between "<tr>" and "</tr>" tags in "my $name_link" all but leaving "$this_last" in place. Then I use the:

[code]
For the LastPost column.

If you have an idea how you want your LastPost column to be (e.g., $msg_icon then $last_subject
$last_author then $TheDate then $LatestTime) post it here and we can help you with the coding if needed. smile
Posted By: jlm Re: compacting the table - 05/07/2003 3:48 AM
Thanks, although I can't seem to get it to work frown

I guess more importantly I want to change the last post column inside forums to show the date,time,and last posted all on one line instead of two

where could I do that?
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: compacting the table - 05/07/2003 4:33 AM
Ohh...In your public_forum_page.pl file go all the way to the bottom until you find the last:

[code][/code]That is your Last Post Column for the Forum Page. The post I made prior was for the Forum Summary Page (main page of board). smile

It may be difficult to position the Last Post Columns into one line because of the content it keeps within the cell. If you only have the Date and Time then it won't be a problem. But if you also want the names of the people who reply on the same line that will be difficult to do since the columns only expands so far.
© UBB.Developers