UBB.Dev
Posted By: John Smith Change default CP settings - 06/24/2003 1:17 AM
In UBB 6.50 how do I change the default setting for Allow Admins to send you emails and keep your email address viewable... from off to on?

I have changed templates to remove the option for members to hide their email, hide from recent visitors, receive emails from the admin. Now when a member updates their profile the settings above default to off. I want them on.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Change default CP settings - 06/24/2003 1:36 AM
hmmmm... there's a file that holds default settings, I think it's ubb_upgrade.cgi tho I don't see which one matches. What was the variable you edited from the template?
Posted By: John Smith Re: Change default CP settings - 06/24/2003 2:41 AM
I think I edited the public_register_form.pl and public_edit_profile.pl to remove the options.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: Change default CP settings - 06/24/2003 3:44 AM
what I did to hide recent visitors is hide the choice, but I set the input field to hidden, and made it set it to don't hide. this way it will always have them showing.

I don't have the exact code at hand, but it's just a matter of changing some stuff.

this is the code I used to make the choice not available to anyone but admins, and it defaults to off for everyone else (except COPAA)

[code][/code]it works fine for me.
© UBB.Developers