UBB.Dev
I already set up my personal web server by using Apache, Active Perl, PhP and mysql and It worked. However, I am not able to use the zlib function. its OK when zlib compression to OFF, but once ON, error occurred when login windows and no such screen can show:
[Linked Image]

I have not yet installed the UBB, but I would like to know do I need to install mail server to use the UBB some functions, like PM notification email...

Moreover, do I need to set permission by using apache. I search infopap but all tell is IIS, not apache, only teach how to set permission and mapping by using IIS, but not apache. Moreover, the installation guidline is only teach how to set up UBB by using web hosting(ftp to webhosting and set permission), not personal web server.

Is any document teach how to set UBB in personal web server by using XP with Apache?
Allen wrote an nice article about mail servers I will find the link for you.

*edit*
check this: https://ubbdev.com/db/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000037

As for permissions, you do not need them, all you need to do is edit the shebang line in cp.cgi and ultimatebb.cgi have it say:
#c:/pathtoperl/bin/perl.exe

you will need to have apache process cgi files but the details to do so should be in your perl install docs
Charles

Thanks for your reply. Ref. to your link for smtp server set up, it is using IIS to set. Is it work with apache (different Port)?
Another idea why "zlib compression" cannot work?
© UBB.Developers