UBB.Dev
Posted By: PrimeTime "Logoff" Cookie Not Recognized? - 09/15/2003 3:26 AM
I've asked this before...

If a user does not log out of the board, either closes the browser or visits another site, then clicks back to the board (Forum Summary) the "$show_logout" will show:

quote:

You are not logged in. Login or register
The user is still logged in, however...Even if it doesn't show it in the Forum Summary, if the user (does not re-log back in) and just clicks on any other board's page the "$show_logout" will show correctly.

If a user does not log out of the board and closes the browser or visits another site, then clicks back to the board (any other page except Forum Summary) the "$show_logout" will display correctly (as logged in). So, this issue only occurs in the Forum Summary.

Is there a way to correct this and if so, which codes do I check and edit (if necessary)? In ultimate_bb.cgi "# perform user logoff?"?
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: "Logoff" Cookie Not Recognized? - 09/15/2003 3:55 AM
The user has corrupted cookies. Have the user visit ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=clearcookies from your domain with and without the www. If that doesn't clear up the problem, have the user find all cookies belonging to your domain and destroy them.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: "Logoff" Cookie Not Recognized? - 09/15/2003 5:04 AM
Thanks for the quick response. smile

Without further complicating matters, I believe this goes for every user. For myself, I always clear cookies, internet temp files and history when I close my browser...I also went to "ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=clearcookies" with and without "www" and I still receive the problem. I think most of the users do not clear their cookies when they close their browser but for those who tried clearing their cookies too, unfortunately it didn't work.

You can test it using:

login name: bactest4
password: bactest4

Click here to board link Forum Summary

Again, this problem seems to only occur with the Forum Summary upon first time entry (When a user re-visits the Forum Summary...All other pages will show them as logged in when they re-visit those pages upon first entry - goes to another site, re-clicks back to say Topic Page directly login will show correctly.). Of course, once it shows logged in, as long as the user stays inside the board it will show up correctly. Odd...
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: "Logoff" Cookie Not Recognized? - 09/15/2003 5:33 AM
it works perfectly for me confused

I tried closing the browser, visiting other sites, and it works perfectly.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: "Logoff" Cookie Not Recognized? - 09/15/2003 5:53 AM
Interesting...So far it doesn't for every other user I've asked. Now, if I'm logged in and I close the browser (in Desktop) and open the brower and go directly to the board I show that I'm logged in. It just happens when I visit another site, then click back to Forum Summary (on the first try) and it shows me as logged out. Heh.
© UBB.Developers