UBB.Dev
Posted By: [email protected] html templates not working - 10/20/2003 3:26 AM
Hi,

I have a completely new instalation of 6.6.1 and I can't get the html templates to work at all.

I have added a folder to the templates folder and uploaded the compact headers / kompact (tried both) but they jusy wont show. If i copy them over the top of the templates in the "templates" folder then they work fine.

I had the spider hack installed and first thought the problem had something to do with that so i have done a fresh install and made no changes but they just wont show.

If anyone has any ideas I would be greatefull.

Thanks
Paul
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: html templates not working - 10/20/2003 3:49 AM
You'll need to go into your cp and update your html template associations to use the kompact headers. This can be done by clicking "Styles" on the left bar, and going to the "Style Associations" tab. The dropdown menus should be fine. Also, make sure you upload all the default templates into the Templates/WhateverYouNamedTheFolder Directory, because the new 6.6 compact templates only change 4 templates, so the original ones should be uploaded first, then have the altered files overwritten
Posted By: [email protected] Re: html templates not working - 10/20/2003 3:56 AM
Thanks,

I have changed those settings in the styles section so many times.... but they wont show, i have also uploaded the standard templates first before the kompact files with no luck.

At the moment the board is running with the cahce and accel turned off so that can't be the problem.

its very anoying.........
Posted By: [email protected] Re: html templates not working - 10/20/2003 5:03 AM
I Figured it out, you have to name the template folder the same as is defined in the "$template_html{"PUBCOMMON"}" vaiable in the public_common.pl File.

So my next question is, where is this documented? did i miss it cos i am stupid or is there more to it?

Thanks for your help
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: html templates not working - 10/20/2003 7:18 AM
It's documented somewhere deep on the website, actually...
© UBB.Developers