UBB.Dev
Posted By: PrimeTime CatStyle Problem - 02/17/2004 3:31 AM
The hack itself (hiding forum categories) work. The problem occured when I added a category. Everytime I edited the category section in CP, duplicate categories appeared. I initially had 8 categories...Now it's probably grown over 60+. I can't get rid of the categories nor reduce the number of slots. help
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/17/2004 5:18 AM
Temporary solution:

I added 7 new categories (started on number 56) as I didn't want to leave the board closed. Hmm...
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/17/2004 5:27 PM
Upgrade shocked

In 6.7 you can set category styles, delete categories, hide categories, minimize categories, have category desciptions, etc.
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 4:10 AM
shocked

With the amount of work I put into the board upgrading is not on the top of my to-do list. I will, however, upgrade when I have the energy again. tipsy

Is there a way in which I can reset the categories that are listed in CP? Isn't there a (vars, .pl or .cgi) file I can edit? confused
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 4:14 AM
hmm, I want to say categories.file or something like that, but I haven't touched UBB 6.4 in a long time. If not that, vars_cats.cgi
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 4:33 AM
That's what I thought too. Unfortunately there isn't a vars_cat.cgi file...The only file similar would be vars_forums.cgi. I also checked a few other related .cgi and .pl files with no luck. I wonder if it's stored in a cache folder? Hmm...

I appreciate the help Ian. Nice to see you still doing your thing here at UBBDev. thumbsup

Any ideas Charles C? laugh
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 4:41 AM
categories.file is in the NonCGI directory, of all places. That's why it's vars_cats.cgi in 6.6+... smile
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 4:46 AM
.file ...

where do you guys come up with these creative extensions? tipsy
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 5:41 AM
Blame Ted!
Posted By: Gizmo Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 5:44 AM
should be .classic or .cla lol... .file? comeon ted! wink
Posted By: PrimeTime Re: CatStyle Problem - 02/18/2004 6:20 AM
laugh

Whoa...I think I need my vision checked. Thanks Ian and Charles. thumbsup I can now rest again. tipsy
© UBB.Developers