UBB.Dev
Hello,

I just installed this hack and it isn't working. I installed the wordlets mod and the sticky mod last night and they are both working properly, however the Who's Online hack is not. It shows up in my control panel and my forums seem to be working properly, but alas no listing of who's online. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly inexperienced so details are much appreciated. As a side note I did this about 5 years ago on another site without any issues so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. My forums are located at http://www.firearmforums.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks in advance!

Aaron
Why have you made a new installation of a version that was released two years ago?
Welcome Aaron smile

I see you are running 6.3.0.1 on a new forum. It's highly advisable you upgrade to current code, as there has been a good number of security bugs fixed in the last few years.

Plus, you're trying to install WOL made for 6.1... there's your problem smile
Originally posted by Charles Capps:

Why have you made a new installation of a version that was released two years ago?
Hi Charles,

I still had 6.3 on my hard drive and after a couple years of being away from UBB I decided to have a go with that version as apposed to updating my members area subscription and downloading 6.7
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

Welcome Aaron smile

I see you are running 6.3.0.1 on a new forum. It's highly advisable you upgrade to current code, as there has been a good number of security bugs fixed in the last few years.

Plus, you're trying to install WOL made for 6.1... there's your problem smile
Hi Allen,

Thanks ... I should have noticed that smile
no problem smile

You might seriously consider renewing your member's area subscription once 6.7.1 is released as there's been a good number of security holes patched since then. 90% of the modifications you might want are already built in as well smile
Originally posted by AllenAyres:

no problem smile

You might seriously consider renewing your member's area subscription once 6.7.1 is released as there's been a good number of security holes patched since then. 90% of the modifications you might want are already built in as well smile
Actually I just did. In fact I am in the process of upgrading to 6.7 as we speak. smile Thanks guys!
smile you'll love it. no need for a quick reply hack, who's online, sticky, and all the good ones.
Originally posted by Ian Spence:

smile you'll love it. no need for a quick reply hack, who's online, sticky, and all the good ones.
I noticed that the quick reply and sticky "hack" are built in to 6.7 but I have yet to find out how to initialize any type of who's online feature. Where do I go to turn it on?

Thanks!
On the left side, click "General" under the heading "Display Settings"

On the top, furthest right tab is "Recent Visitors"

that's the settings for Who's Online
Thanks Ian! I found it ... should have looked harder!
© UBB.Developers