UBB.Dev
Posted By: jyfletcher smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 6:44 AM
Forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place or am overlooking the obvious, but I would like to enable smilies/graemlins (the colon-word-colon stuff) in members' signatures. I have searched these forums through, dug through the interface and also some of the code to no avail. I have been able to find posts here regarding disabling signatures and features within signatures, but even the code snippits I could find could not help me...

I am running 6.7.1 classic.

Any help/info/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Justin
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:10 AM
they are enabled by default, and I just viewed the registration page, and it seems as if it's already allowed.

Make sure you don't have Check 'Disable Graemlins' by default? checked in your profile
Posted By: jyfletcher Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:20 AM
Very strange. I don't have Graemlins disabled by default and I have enabled images in vars_display.cgi (they were not on by default). Yet still the gramlins will not show up in the signature. They work in the posts, but in the sig. they are not "converted" but simply left as the text used to create them...

Any ideas on places to start looking? Perhaps a mod or something I have installed has mucked with this ability.

Thanks,
-Justin
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:27 AM
could we have a test account on your forum?
Posted By: jyfletcher Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:42 AM
Yeah goto:
http://www.pcnchef.org/
and register. I'll keep and eye on the queue...
Posted By: jyfletcher Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:55 AM
Ok. You have access to the "Open Forum" You can use that for testing. Many thanks thus far.
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 8:05 AM
It's quite odd.

the FAQ page lists the graemlins, which is great, but ubb=graemlin_list has none.

I have no clue, maybe someone else will have a suggestion
Posted By: jyfletcher Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 8:08 AM
Thanks for looking into it.

-Justin
Posted By: havoq Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 1:12 PM
In General Display Settings, makes sure the field "Allow Images in Signatures?" is enabled otherwise your graemlins will not show in your users signatures.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 6:59 PM
Originally posted by havoq:

In General Display Settings, makes sure the field "Allow Images in Signatures?" is enabled otherwise your graemlins will not show in your users signatures.
Is there a way to allow just graemlins and not images in general?
Posted By: havoq Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 7:56 PM
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Is there a way to allow just graemlins and not images in general?
Open: ubb_lib_posting

Find:
Code
$user_profile[12] = &UBBCode(&ConvertReturns(&prep_for_edit($user_profile[12], undef, $allow_images)), $allow_images);
REMOVE LINE

wink
Posted By: jyfletcher Re: smilies/graemlins in signature - 06/22/2004 8:51 PM
Originally posted by havoq:

Many many thanks. I looked and looked for that option. I edited vars_display.cgi and set AllowSignatureImage to 'YES' manually, but that didn't let the smilies work. Not sure what the difference is exactly, but editing it through the control panel fixed the problem.

Thanks again,
-Justin
© UBB.Developers