UBB.Dev
Posted By: Tiger66 De linking - 04/12/2005 1:20 AM
Hello

Can anyone help me with making that every link which is being posted will be posted as de linked? (meaning URL's wont be clickables)

Thanks
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: De linking - 04/12/2005 2:37 AM
not practical with Classic, however, if you were planning on upgrading to the new software when it's released, it should be a ton easier
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: De linking - 05/11/2005 7:36 PM
you could turn off ubbcode, but smileys and etc wouldn't work either smile
Posted By: Burak Re: De linking - 05/11/2005 8:37 PM
uhmm... what's the reason/need for this?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: De linking - 05/12/2005 6:36 AM
Some people who run biz sites would prefer their users not link to competitor's sites. Turning off the auto-url function may help a bit smile
Posted By: LK Re: De linking - 05/12/2005 1:47 PM
Try this:
ubb_lib.cgi: find:
Code
sub auto_url {
replace with:
Code
sub auto_url {
return ($_[0]);
}
sub auto_url2 {
If you also don't want [url] tag to work, remove all lines containing "URL" in sub UBBCode_core of ubb_lib.cgi.
Posted By: Tiger66 Re: De linking - 07/05/2005 3:21 AM
Sorry for this very late reply I wasnt around for a while

Just wanna say thanks LK its working smile

And my board isn't a biz one its just some members still cant understand what is de linking and what kind of sites they shouldn't link to so this solve the prob
Posted By: Tiger66 Re: De linking - 07/07/2005 12:57 AM
I removed all of the lines I saw with "URL" in sub UBBCode_core and the url tag still shows, any ideas why?

Are you sure it's on ubb_lib.cgi and not public_common.pl?

I would also like to know if its possible to reorder the buttons of that area?

Thanks
Posted By: Ian Spence Re: De linking - 07/07/2005 3:11 AM
ubb_lib.cgi converts the URL tag

public_common.pl is just where the button is. This is where you would reorder the buttons
Posted By: LK Re: De linking - 07/07/2005 1:29 PM
If you can still use [url] tag (I don't mean the button as Ian said, I mean if after you submit the post it actually becomes a link), you didn't remove all the lines containing "url". Use the "find" option of your editing software (i.e. notepad) to look for "url", and as long as they're inside sub UBBCode_core remove the lines.
Posted By: Tiger66 Re: De linking - 07/09/2005 4:03 AM
Most of the addys in posts doesnt become a link but some still do, I'll try to check again

Thanks again for the help
© UBB.Developers