UBB.Dev
Posted By: Fhutow Snapshoot, Thanks - 10/20/2000 1:40 PM
First, I would like to say a big thanks for the daily Snapshot of the PHP version (updated daily at 5:00am).

Is the Snapshot made for PHP 4+ only? I have PHP 3 with Safe Mode and have a few problems with it that doesn't seem to be on your Developement Site since it went online :

- Other places in the code, such as when you say :
$html = new html();
doesn't work but
$html = new html;
works.

- "," at the end of a array definition before the closing ) = error

Frederic Hutow
Posted By: PeelBoy Re: Snapshoot, Making it work - 10/20/2000 1:43 PM
I think you should upgrade to the latest PHP4.. Unless you have some really good reasons not too? PHP3 is pretty out dated by now...

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg
Posted By: Fhutow Re: Snapshoot, Making it work - 10/20/2000 1:57 PM
I am on a Community Server and the provider doesn't yet offer PHP 4 on my server.

They have put PHP 4 for New Accounts and I hope one day they will upgrade the other servers, but until then, I'm stuck with PHP 3.

Frederic Hutow

Posted By: PeelBoy Re: Snapshoot, Making it work - 10/20/2000 1:59 PM
Bummer!! =(

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg
Posted By: Fhutow Re: Snapshoot, Making it work - 10/20/2000 2:24 PM
Yup.

Until then, I do not mind doing the necessary modifications to make it work to PHP 3 on my site. I really do not mind moving away from Perl for WWWThreads, so the small work is really slim when you compare on the performance increase over the "Perl" version.

One day it will get upgraded to PHP 4.

And, the way Scream is coding, it make it very easy to do modifications, always a clean code and easy to understand.

Frederic Hutow

Posted By: Rick Re: Snapshoot, Thanks - 10/20/2000 3:12 PM
The type of things you are reporting I can get changed. It's just a matter of they way I have coded for PERL, and I can easily change the way I do them in PHP if it will help.
Posted By: The Team Re: Snapshoot, Making it work - 10/20/2000 4:08 PM
Especially PHP3 in Safe Mode.... compared to PHP4....

© UBB.Developers