UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team is PHP really that much faster or better? - 12/06/2000 4:41 PM
is is really that much better, especially if it's running from the same database....

Is PHP really that much better?
PH who?
NO, no way, nooooo
YES, absolutely, are you stupid?
Maybe, sometimes, this is sort of a Not Sure
Gore/Lieberman
Bush/Cheney
i am too busy to think about this, but still have time to vote

Augh...chalk this up to another PHP bug...I get the button that says Array{'SUB_VOTE'} instead of Submit, and when I click on it, it tells me that it can't get the referer variable from my browser....

Posted By: PeelBoy Yes and no. - 12/06/2000 5:35 PM
In the case of a forum like this... I think PHP is probably a better choice.

It's faster (well, not much faster than mod_perl) and just a tad more suited for the job at hand (I guess you could say)

But is it a better language all around? Not even close!!

Perl has a much wider scope than PHP will ever have. Not only that, perl is a much more powerfull language. PHP is pretty damn powerfull, but not when compared to Perl.. (Sorry if that pisses anybody off, but it's true)

PHP vs VBScript/ASP??? I would take PHP any day.

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg
Posted By: Rick Re: is PHP really that much faster or better? - 12/07/2000 12:54 AM
There is one current incompatibility between the PERL version and the PHP version, and that's polls. The submit button won't translate properly between the 2 versions. As for the referer problem, that is something I'm trying to get fixed.

-------------------
Scream
WWWThreads Developer
Posted By: ceco Re: Yes and no. - 12/15/2000 1:50 PM
why should you use a truck when a roadster is much more suitable

© UBB.Developers